brash
Re: can xoops compete with joomla?
  • 2005/12/12 21:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

LB, I don't disagree with everything you're saying, but I do disagree with the way you are saying it. Your making it sound like it is some big conspiracy that the XOOPS dev team are deliberately taking steps to keep users in the dark. I think you'll find that it is just a servere lack of helpers. If there were just 1 out of every 1000 members that would help out to the same level as the existing XOOPS team are now, then XOOPS would be in a much better position. Instead it is much closer to only 1 out of every 5000 that are stepping up to take on an official role.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

silvrhand
  • 2005/12/12 21:40

• silvrhand

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

Uh..

That's a great idea, move CVS off a public forum to some dark area that noone seems to know about. I'm sure you can see how that makes a lot of sense.

I'm sure you are keeping bugtracking on SF or are we wasting our time posting bug reports there as well?

Quote:

Marco wrote:
We have changed our versioning system a few months ago. Skalpa will explain it to you soon. SF's CVS is no longer in use.

aph3x
  • 2005/12/12 21:40

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

LazyBadger, Amin to this
Quote:

I think, you can already learn:
Current project management and communication policy is something like:
"All we do is Big Secret, which we do as we think is better... don't worry, we know it better than you... which will be opened when somebody decided 'it's good time for'"
Developers don't think about permanent and transparent communications as "must have" for project's vitality and seems even don't know, that is responsibility in big project.

I sense a lack of interest when it comes to what users have to say unless it's a "good work guys" sort of thing, it's amasing how exactly the oposite atracts as many replys from the developers as the congratulating messages, however since this thread started all above the "normal user" rank/status tryed to excuse themselfs that because of the forum they don't have time for other things or viceversa, and then they complain about not being enough volunteers to help out, i personaly doubt that you don't recive no "wannabe volunteer" messages.
Regardless the fact that everytime i sent content to the XOOPS.org site, contributions were not added without even the common sense of telling me why, like "well you're not good enough to recive answers, and regardless the fact that because i had/have the ONLY site that provided/provides translation of XOOPS in our language, again i doubt that you recive so many files that you can`t handle the time of testing them.
Bottom line: XOOPS relays on this...XOOPS it's the best tool and you know it and people that are using it know it and they will be using it no matter the quality/ quantity of the support they recive from the XOOPS core development team, maybe XOOPS will learn (if it has the time) that as a comunication tool that it supposed to be , XOOPS forgot to practice what it preeches
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

silvrhand
  • 2005/12/12 21:43

• silvrhand

• Just popping in

Hard to help out when you don't know what areas need help, you can't submit code, you can't view the code, you can't check out nightly builds to help test..

So how are we supposed to help now?

Quote:

brash wrote:
LB, I don't disagree with everything you're saying, but I do disagree with the way you are saying it. Your making it sound like it is some big conspiracy that the XOOPS dev team are deliberately taking steps to keep users in the dark. I think you'll find that it is just a servere lack of helpers. If there were just 1 out of every 1000 members that would help out to the same level as the existing XOOPS team are now, then XOOPS would be in a much better position. Instead it is much closer to only 1 out of every 5000 that are stepping up to take on an official role.

damaster
  • 2005/12/12 21:48

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Where's the Code...

The Code of Honor!
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Marco
  • 2005/12/12 21:50

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

please please be patient.
everyone knows lack of our project.
skalpa is on the way to push XOOPS at a higher level.
he needs some quite area, to make our next version, more documented, more stable. Of course we want to share, but from now time is on work table, to make sharing possible.
he has worked these last weeks very hard, believe me.
I let him benefits to announce by himself what has been made and how things will go, he will do that in next few days.
thanks for your comments. you're right, but XOOPS needs to be pushed at a higher level, we need to communicate better, but this can be done only on a good core basis.

marco
Do synergy or die.

brash
  • 2005/12/12 21:54

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

silvrhand wrote:
Hard to help out when you don't know what areas need help, you can't submit code, you can't view the code, you can't check out nightly builds to help test..

You know what your strengths are. PM a member of the XOOPS team as ask if your skills are required. It's really not that hard...
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Marco
  • 2005/12/12 22:07

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

LB, if there will be no strong news (&acts) in next few days, i will pay you few drinks in a bar as i will come in moscow (end of january or february). If not, you will !
Hope you're living over there
from now (tomorrow) i will meet phppp @ beijing. Do the same, forget XOOPS and come back in a few days !
marco
Do synergy or die.

silvrhand
  • 2005/12/12 22:08

• silvrhand

• Just popping in

I already have.

Quote:

brash wrote:
Quote:

silvrhand wrote:

You know what your strengths are. PM a member of the XOOPS team as ask if your skills are required. It's really not that hard...

brash
  • 2005/12/12 22:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Great, just wait for a response now. If you don't get one, and you can see that the person you sent the PM to has been online since you sent it, then try sending another one to another member.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits