spidersilk
Articles module that allows author to be set by admin?
  • 2005/12/12 7:47

• spidersilk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/10

Does anyone know if there's an articles module of some kind out there that allows the author of an article to be set by an admin when the article is submitted, rather than each article having to be submitted by the author?

I'm doing a site for an online magazine where the editors insist they don't want to have to edit submissions online because they find the form too awkward to use -- they want to be able to have the writers e-mail them the articles, edit them in Word, and then just paste them into the submit form when they're ready to be published. And with any of the modules I've looked at so far, they'd have to log out and in again for every article and keep track of separate logins for all the contributors.

(And of course, they dropped this "We want to edit everything in Word" bombshell on me *after* I'd nearly completed the site and set them up with AMS, under the assumption that the authors would be submitting directly... )

So... does this exist? Or if it doesn't, how hard would it be for someone like me with a roughly intermediate knowledge of PHP to edit an existing module to allow it? I think it would be OK if it just allowed them to pick from a menu of registered users -- setting up an account for each writer once wouldn't be too big a headache as it would mostly be the same writers appearing regularly.

Lynna

Bananadude
Re: Articles module that allows author to be set by admin?
  • 2005/12/12 10:09

• Bananadude

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/16

Sorry, I can't help you out there, but I guess someone that is smarter will pop in and help you soon

Quote:
the editors insist they don't want to have to edit submissions online because they find the form too awkward to use

What of it is awkward to use, the whole form or just the textfield?
You may edit the template to view the form like you want.

You can also try with the Koivi editor and see if you like that better.

Happy Xoopsing!
Best Regards,
Bananadude
--- censored by Bananadude ---

davidl2
Re: Articles module that allows author to be set by admin?
  • 2005/12/12 10:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

SmartSection will allow you to edit the poster from the admin end - also Magazine will as well....

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits