jdseymour
Re: Bans sheet

Quote:

BaXTEP wrote:
Through admin panel banned...At them shows a white sheet... I wish to insert an inscription, for example: you banned IP

If you ban their IP they cannot even connect to your site to view anything, this is what an IP ban does, makes it so the IP cannot even connect to your server address.

BaXTEP
  • 2005/12/10 12:28

• BaXTEP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/6

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
If you ban their IP they cannot even connect to your site to view anything, this is what an IP ban does, makes it so the IP cannot even connect to your server address.

Clearly, and whether it is possible then to put ban on separate modules for example for:

BaXTEP
  • 2005/12/10 12:28

• BaXTEP

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:

Clearly, and whether it is possible then to put ban on separate modules example for: wf-downloads, newbb ???

jdseymour

I see this ban user option in CBB 2.31, but not in CBB 1.15, the latest for 2.0x XOOPS. 2.31 only works with 2.2x XOOPS. There is an admin option to suspend a user.

Other than that the only way I see is to use speacial groups for module access (will require your manual removing of permissions from the registered users groups, and adding it to the custom groups.) When you do not want someone to have access to the module just remove them from the custom group. You can create a banned custom group to add these people to to show a custom block that only that group has rights to view explaining their situation.

I know this is kind of confusing, the way I wrote it, but just check the faq on group ussage and you will get it with a little experimenting.

BaXTEP
  • 2005/12/10 13:17

• BaXTEP

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
I see this ban user option in CBB 2.31, but not in CBB 1.15, the latest for 2.0x XOOPS. 2.31 only works with 2.2x XOOPS. There is an admin option to suspend a user.

Other than that the only way I see is to use speacial groups for module access (will require your manual removing of permissions from the registered users groups, and adding it to the custom groups.) When you do not want someone to have access to the module just remove them from the custom group. You can create a banned custom group to add these people to to show a custom block that only that group has rights to view explaining their situation.

I know this is kind of confusing, the way I wrote it, but just check the faq on group ussage and you will get it with a little experimenting.

I shall discharge the user, he in fact will again be registered... And how on IP address to block modules?

jdseymour

Probably could with .htaccess.

dasdan
  • 2005/12/11 13:06

• dasdan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/22

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Probably could with .htaccess.

put the following in you .htaccess

create a folder errors and put you personal notfound or forbid.html page in it.
ErrorDocument 404 /errors/notfound.html
ErrorDocument 403 
/errors/forbid.html

RewriteEngine On

#blocking ip's
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}  ^4.79.248.8$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}  ^64.4.195.62$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}  ^64.27.27.150$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}  ^66.92.132.241$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}  ^216.40.249.17$
RewriteRule .* - [F,L]

#blocking spiders
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Bot mailto:craftbot@yahoo.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Baiduspider$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^FAST$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Zeus
RewriteRule 
!/errors/forbid.html /errors/forbid.html  [L]

#block bad referers an refererspam
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} (showcasegifts.net|realtysite.com|realtorlist.net|devaddict.com|whiteguysgroup.com)[NC]
RewriteRule !/errors/badreferer.php /errors/badreferer.php  [L]

be carefull blocking on IP's, most people have dynamic ip's.
Blocking 1 ip could block a whole bunch of people behid a NAT router.

BaXTEP
  • 2005/12/11 15:46

• BaXTEP

• Just popping in

I do not have access to this file :(((

Will_H
  • 2005/12/11 17:25

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

how do you not have access? at this point it sounds like you are trying to be malicious.

dasdan
  • 2005/12/16 13:45

• dasdan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/22

You don't need access to 'the' file, just create one in you own root directory.

One thing: it's possible your hosting provider has not installed the rewrite engine module... ask him.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits