chrisu
403 error after restoring backup to new server
  • 2005/12/4 18:04

• chrisu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/14

After my host changed servers and I restored my backups to the new server I get the 403 error. Can somebody say where the problem could be?

Forbidden
You don
't have permission to access / on this server.

gediminasbyt
Re: 403 error after restoring backup to new server

Looks like path has changed on your new server. Check path for your xoopsroot on new server and compare it in mainfile.php also make sure you can connect to MySQL from command line. Check my previous posts from today and a couple of days ago for more info.

highlander
  • 2005/12/4 19:31

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Look to me like your host has screwed up. (you can't access the root of your site.)

My main suggestion would be to phone them up and shout. It frequently works for me

greetings Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

chrisu
  • 2005/12/4 20:46

• chrisu

• Just popping in

The path seems to be right in the mainfile.php

Now I found an error log from the cpanel and here is one example of what it says there, if it is of any help.
[Sun Dec  4 15:47:46 2005] [crit] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (13)Permission denied: /home/chrisu0/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfileunable to check htaccess fileensure it is readable

highlander
  • 2005/12/5 10:14

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hi Chrisu,

I believe the error measge is saying that .htaccess might not be readable by Apache.
I believe your host should be able to fix this quickly if you give him/her a ring.

kind regards, Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

chrisu
The problems continue
  • 2005/12/5 14:22

• chrisu

• Just popping in

Now the last problem seems bee solved because now I get this message trying to view my site:
Warningmysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/chrisu0/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 26

Warning
mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/chrisu0/public_html/modules/protector/class/protector.php on line 44

Warning
mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/chrisu0/public_html/modules/protector/class/protector.php on line 45

Warning
mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/chrisu0/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 37

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/chrisu0/public_html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 46
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error

If 
you are the administrator of this siteplease visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

chrisu
Re: The problems continue
  • 2005/12/5 20:01

• chrisu

• Just popping in

Everything is solved now. Thanks to gediminasbyt and highlander for your help. All the problems was due to my hosting server.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits