london
Why is that happening?
  • 2005/12/1 19:39

• london

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 2

Dear All,

I am a bit confused with the reasons my XOOPS configuration is not working as expected. I have set up a XOOPS site that works fine (say, for the sake of the argument that the Unix path to the files is /htdocs/site1, the URL is www.test1.com and the database prefix is xoops.

I created a subdomain www.test2.test1.com and defined the web root for the files of that subdomain to be /htdocs/test2. I made a copy of all the tables in the database and changed the prefix from XOOPS to xoops12. Copied the files over to test2, changed physical path to /htdocs/test2, url to www.test2.test1.com and XOOPS database prefix to xoops12 (the database details have not changed). Of course, I copied the original files to the new test2 directory.

I would expect the new site to be working fine now. However, this is not the case. It doesn't do anything at all, but if I change physical path to /htdocs/test1 - leaving all else intact, everything works fine.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
George

charpres
Re: Why is that happening?
  • 2005/12/1 19:53

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

Did you change the settings in mainfile.php?

london
  • 2005/12/1 22:54

• london

• Just popping in

I did, as explained in the post above (physical path, url and database tables prefix - the other database details remain the same).

George

charpres
  • 2005/12/1 23:26

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

"I copied the original files to the new test2 directory."

Sorry, I don't see any reference to mainfile.php in your post. My point was, if all you did was copy mainfile.php to your new directory without editing the settings made to mainfile.php in the original install, that could account for what you are seeing.

london
  • 2005/12/2 10:31

• london

• Just popping in

No, no you are definetely right. I am not saying it explicitly in my post, but I did change the settings and that is why it is puzzling me.

George

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits