terrion
Unable to Log in as Any User after upgrade to 2.2.3a
  • 2005/11/13 8:02

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

When upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.13 to 2.2.3a I just cant seem to log in. I've seen the posts about clearing the Xoops_Sessions table and have tried that but still cant log in. I've also cleared all cookies on my local machine just in case...

Everything seems to work as expected after running xoopsupdate.php except that when I log in the site welcomes me as normal but then displays the login username and password prompts again... I've tried logging in over and over again, each time with a screen showing successful login, but the next screen has the login username and password screens again.

One question, I did install the autologin hack some time back. Could this be interfereing with the upgrade?

I'm running:

PHP Version 4.3.11
Apache Version Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora)
MySQL Client API version 3.23.58

Any idea's would be appreciated.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

terrion
Re: Unable to Log in as Any User after upgrade to 2.2.3a
  • 2005/12/1 16:49

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

This has been a pretty persistant problem for me after several attempts. I've tried suggestions from many threads but none seem to solve my exact problem.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

Bender
Re: Unable to Log in as Any User after upgrade to 2.2.3a
  • 2005/12/1 19:42

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I was about to test it but the registration is also broken (blank page).

I would restore the old site from backup if you made one before changing and then make a local copy of the site and update it locally on your pc for testing. Once it works there reupload it. Might cost you some postings though ...

Because in that case you could easily play around with overwriting files with those from the full package(except for mainfile.php), turning on php debug constantly to see whether it fails there and so on ...

I would choose xampp for local testing. A list of different versions can be found here so you can choose one that is close to the versions you are using of php and mysql.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

315 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 315

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits