charpres
Template Monster php-Nuke conversion
  • 2005/11/29 0:18

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

There are a few php-Nuke templates on Template Monster that I would love to convert to Xoops.

I'm hoping that it might just be a matter of dropping references to php-Nuke calls in the main html page (theme.html in Xoops) and putting in XOOPS equivalent references. That, with maybe a bit of fine-tuning to style.css. Would it, I hope, be that easy?

I'm pretty good with html and CSS. Anyone have some success with php-Nuke to XOOPS conversions?

Bassman
Re: Template Monster php-Nuke conversion
  • 2005/11/29 0:31

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I doubt it would be that simple, especially the CSS side, there's a LOT of things that would be different. The HTML part wouldn't be too difficult, but I think it would be easier to start with a XOOPS theme.html and go from there.

Lance_
  • 2005/11/29 0:38

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I'll somewhat echo Bassman in saying that starting from a XOOPS theme is the best way to go. Half the work is done for you. In a theme all you need is to create the enveloppe with the images that a theme has.

I've ported a couple themes from existing html templates, and I still use a XOOPS theme as backdrop and add the html theme elements to it.

I've looked at a couple of php-nuke themes and I find them very complicated for porting to a XOOPS theme.

Since the end result between the two cms is similar, it will be somewaht easier to take the images from the phpnuke theme and build them in the XOOPS theme. Since you know CSS and HTML you won't find too many problems doing that. Especially if you can look at a live version of your phpnuke theme to compare exactly what CSS tag does what in it.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

charpres
  • 2005/11/29 2:05

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

So, it would probably be worth buying the php-Nuke template for the images and html. Since the php-Nuke templates usually come with psd files as well as htm, editing the graphics with Photoshop would be easy.

I see what you're saying. Take a good, sound XOOPS template, maybe like 7-Dana clean, and edit theme.html and style.css to incorporate the graphic elements from the nuke template files.

JMorris
  • 2005/11/29 3:13

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If the theme comes with a editable PSD or PNG, you're in luck. From there, it's just a matter of "slicing" the layout the way you want it, then filling in the appropriate XOOPS Smarty elements and CSS. I've done quite a bit of work in converting themes and templates to XOOPS and I would much rather have a PSD or PNG to work from than a premade template.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits