kotis
newbb1 to newbb2.02 upgrade error
  • 2005/11/20 19:00

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade newbb1 to newbb2.02. I deleted the old newbb folder and copied the newbb2.02 folder and then i executed the upgrade script (newbb1 to newbb2). While the script seems to run correctly, i get the following error in step 2:

Could not change field xoops_bb_posts

I completed the update (step 3) ignoring the error, and then i can't see anything in the forum index, except of empty categories. I go to the forum's admin area and assign permissions to categories and forums, but i still can't see anything - just empty categories. I tried creating a new category (which i can see in the forum index) and then a new forum, but i still can't see the new forum - just empty categories... After carefully examining the forum index, i can see that the number of topics is correct (10.000) but there are only about 50000 posts insted of about 250000 that there should be...

I enabled the "Recent Topics" block for my homepage and i can see the recent topics in that block. If i click on a topic i can see the topic and i can read all the posts. If i use the forum jump drop down box i can visit any forum i want... By carefully examining some topics i remembered, i found posts missing.

I tried the above twice but the result is always the same. I'm doing this offline and not on my active site because i'm trying to simulate the upgrade. The server is a vmware Mandriva running xamp 1.5.0 and the database size for newbb is about 150Mb.

Can someone help me with the upgrade?

jdseymour
Re: newbb1 to newbb2.02 upgrade error

Two things I can suggest. First don't use newbb 2.02. CBB 1.15 is what you want to use. It contains a continuation of bug fixes as well as security fixes over newbb 2.02.

Second see my Newbb 1 to newbb 2 Flash tutorial. Just recheck to see if anything you missed.

And finally great job testing an upgrade before actually doing it. It will save lots of headaches in the long run.

kotis
Re: newbb1 to newbb2.02 upgrade error
  • 2005/11/20 22:06

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Two things I can suggest. First don't use newbb 2.02. CBB 1.15 is what you want to use. It contains a continuation of bug fixes as well as security fixes over newbb 2.02.

Second see my Newbb 1 to newbb 2 Flash tutorial. Just recheck to see if anything you missed.

And finally great job testing an upgrade before actually doing it. It will save lots of headaches in the long run.

Hi there jdseymour and thank you for your reply. Newbb2.0.2 is just the middle step before going to the latest CBB. We had another thread about that some days ago where we discussed the upgrade problems from newbb1 to CBB. You can find it here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43434

I did watched the tutorial a hundered times... it's not helping me. Is there a way to get more info on the error? Who is responsible for the upgrade script? What does "Could not change field xoops_bb_posts" means? What exactly can't the script change? Is there a log of the scripts output?

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits