JMorris
Re: B-Global Theme::Feedback? Suggestions?
  • 2005/11/12 5:12

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I've done quite a bit of fine tuning to this theme this evening, but there is still a bit more work to be done before I "officially" release this theme. Primarily, I need to make the 2.0.x version and there is still a bit of code cleaning to do. However, for those who don't mind tinkering with a "mostly finished" theme, I've uploaded this theme to my server. If you feel like tinkering around with it, by all means, be my guest.

For now though, I'm going to take gestroud's advice and "unhook myself from the caffeine IV" and take a break for the evening.

Download Link: B-Global Theme for XOOPS 2.2.x

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

highlander
Re: B-Global Theme::Feedback? Suggestions?
  • 2005/11/12 15:29

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hi JMorris,

The Jerkiness in IE is caused by your semi-transparent background which scrolls over the fixed background.

This is something I have noticed on a couple of my sites as well in the past. However taking it away really loses the brilliant effect and makes the text harder to read as well.

In the past I've made visitors select the speed of their machine (fast vs. slow) and remove the semi-transparant background if they selected slow. You'll notice that on a really fast computer the jerkiness is a lot less than on slower computer. Obviously IE isn't very efficient somewhere.

you might also want to try and change the transparant .gif into a .png and see if this changes anything (they are rendered in a different way) however then you get into the whole IE - png issue.

anyway. Great theme !!!

good luck, Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits