kalpax
Re: How to set up xoops 2.2.3 front page?
  • 2005/11/11 6:29

• kalpax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/9 2

This is sure dragging on. I've tried setting the content module as the front page too but then the url gets pretty long.

Will_H
  • 2005/11/11 20:59

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

This is a simple question, and id be happy to answer it. You are going to waaaaaay to much trouble to solve this.

When you create your block, or with the one you have already created, underneath the input field and above the submit button. there is a dropbox where you select the language or content type. You can choose between "html, php, Autoformat(smiliese enabled, AutoFormat(smilies disbled).

You would choose "auto format (smilies enabled)" And use standard [ img] tags around your pics code. cheers.

kalpax
  • 2005/11/11 22:54

• kalpax

• Just popping in

No kidding that was simple. I'd explained that I'd set to html but I guess no one paid attention or didn't understand (in fact one person told me to set to html, I think?).

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A related question then - the text area in for a custom block is pretty for laying out a full page. Is there a simple way to enlarge the area and/or make the editor more like the large and robust wysiwyg editor that the Content module has?

Will_H
  • 2005/11/11 23:09

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

I am not sure exactly what you mean by enlarge the area, if you are asking if there is a way to extend the block without adding content?...? im not sure if thats what you are asking, but if you are then you could use <br/> tags. each one gives you a new line. Im sure you knew that. I guess i dont understand the question. Anywho, you're welcome.

kalpax
  • 2005/11/11 23:32

• kalpax

• Just popping in

Hi - I meant that the on screen textbox area is pretty dinky for laying out an entire page. On my screen it's about 2"x3". And it's not wysiwyg, it has the bb-code stuff.

I can sure live with it the way that it is, it's just not ideal.

Thanks again for your radically helpful tip about Auto Format.

Will_H
  • 2005/11/11 23:37

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

Ahhhh ok thats a bit clearer. Well i'm actually not sure about changing the layout of the custom block creation area. I would imaging that it is going to be a core hack. But in my opinion it sounds like a decent request. perhaps you should do so in the request forum.

script_fu

It sounds like you need a new wysiwyg. I dont think the area to play with is much bigger the the default one installed with xoops.

But here the link to Kovi...

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?koivieditor

script_fu

Btw Will? Whats up with the bling bling Mr. T? lmao...

And be nice to xaraya cause one day you might need some help from John Cox! He's gonna say go away with your bling bling Mr. T!!!

Will_H
  • 2005/11/12 0:28

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

lmao, i know, but all these new people complain about how complicated XOOPS is to learn. We should provide them a link over to xaraya. now that was a headache.

Lance_
  • 2005/11/12 0:56

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Fromhttps://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2597

To set Koivi as editor in blocks.

Change at line 56:
//    $form->addElement(new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_MB_SYSTEM_CONTENT, 'options[0]', htmlspecialchars($ts->stripSlashesGPC($options[0]), ENT_QUOTES), 15, 60));
//Start Hack

include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopseditor/koivi/formwysiwygtextarea.php";

$theEditor = new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea(array());

$theEditor->setName('options[0]');

$theEditor->setValue(htmlspecialchars($ts->stripSlashesGPC($options[0])));

$form->addElement($theEditor);
//End Hack*/

------
I had never done this, so after reading this thread, I searched for "wysiwyg blocks". Followed the steps in the post and comments. Tested on my site.
------

Cheers
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits