somnium86
Missing 'Main Menu' block
  • 2005/1/3 6:02

• somnium86

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/3 5

I have somehow managed to make the 'Main Menu' block disappear. This is a fresh install, with only a few minor changes to default installation (custom block added, used a theme from 7dana). I am unable to find the setting to make this block show up again. I know I must be missing something obvious, but I have looked everywhere.

Any help would be appreciated!

somnium86
Re: Missing 'Main Menu' block
  • 2005/1/3 6:39

• somnium86

• Just popping in

Update:

I have found that the option to show the 'Main Menu' appears under "Show blocks visible in (Sections)". This is under System/Blocks Administration. 'Main menu' is missing from all of the other pages.

What the heck? It seems that under each page type, only certain blocks are available.

Help!

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/3 6:44

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I think the Groups Administration page is what you're looking for. Seehttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=76

somnium86
  • 2005/1/3 8:46

• somnium86

• Just popping in

Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, "Main Menu" is already checked in the System Admin -> Groups -> [edit group] page under all three current groups...webmaster, anon, and registered user.

Just for fun I unchecked/saved, then re-checked/saved 'Main Menu' under System Admin -> Groups -> [edit group] (with all three groups) It didn't do any good...

Any other possibilities?

greg

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/3 8:50

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Is PHP Debug turned on? Do you get any error messages?

somnium86
  • 2005/1/3 9:11

• somnium86

• Just popping in

Hey Dave,

I figured it out. 1.) went to 'Blocks Admin.' and selected 'Sections' as the show visible blocks setting. (Sections is the only page that the block would appear in).

2.) I now had 'Main Menu' as an option, and I clicked 'Edit' under the 'Action' column. That page presented me w/ a dropdown list of pages that the block would show up in...I chose 'All pages'.

Problem solved; but I can promise you that I did NOT get in the settings that deep and change it prior to this problem....which scares me. Hopefully this is just a fluke. At least I know how to fix it should it happen again.

Thanks again for your time...

cphine
  • 2005/11/11 17:34

• cphine

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/31

You rock somnium86!

I had the same problem, except my main menu was hiding in "Faq". Never occured to me to look for the block in the different sections.
Cheers!

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits