FAF_dk
Turned "HTTP REFERER" off, but still not saving changes?
  • 2005/11/6 16:38

• FAF_dk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/6

Hi, just installed XOOPS 2.2.3 Final on my commercial webhost, which is running:

FreeBSD
Kernel version: 4.9-RELEASE-p17
Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.2
PHP version 4.3.10

So got a whole lot of php errors and could not turn php_debug off, cause of the restrictive HTTP REFERER. I turned all security off locally on the client. The only thing which remains is the external standalone firewall which I do not want to disable. Don't know how to let the HTTP REFERER pass.

This is how I turned HTTP REFERER off:
------------------------------------------
-edited /class/xoopssecurity.php = ($docheck=0)
/**
* Check the user agent's HTTP REFERER against XOOPS_URL
* @param int $docheck 0 to not check the referer (used with XML-RPC), 1 to actively check it
* @return bool
**/
function checkReferer($docheck=0)
{
if ($docheck == 0) {
return true;
}
$ref = xoops_getenv('HTTP_REFERER');
if ($ref == '') {
return false;

.. after that I again tried to turn off the debug feature, I could then get the "Database Updated Successfully" but the changes was not saved?

Any ideas?

Something with the host (PHP) or access permissions?

Thank you for your time.

/FAF

FAF_dk
Re: Turned "HTTP REFERER" off, but still not saving changes?
  • 2005/11/6 17:44

• FAF_dk

• Just popping in

Maybe it will help if I told you how I installed Xoops:

-Uploaded the tar (Xoops and community pack)
-Unpacked tar's /w. the permissions intact
-Moved the files to root
-Created the database and user
-Intalled XOOPS successfully, after changing the permissions on the req. files/folders, which is stated during the install procedure.

Host is running Cpanel, but I used SSH.

Thats about it.

Xoops 2.0.13.1 installs fine through Cpanel and runs with no errors. Unfortunatly the provider didn't updated the scripts in the fantastico selection, though I prefers manual install whenever possible. I have installed XOOPS manually during the years, on different hosts, with no problems whatsoever. It's just this secured 2.2.3 which gives me "more" grey hair.

/FAF

PS: Here are the PHP errors from the frontpage:

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 111
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 151
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/module.php line 172
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/module.php line 172
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159

FAF_dk
Re: Turned "HTTP REFERER" off, but still not saving changes?
  • 2005/11/6 21:15

• FAF_dk

• Just popping in

Just looked at the permissions, looks like I will have to go through all the files and set the correct permissions.

EDIT: OK, changed everything by hand; 644 on all the files, 755 on the dirs, and 777 on /templates_c + /upload + /cache, 444 on mainfile.php. puh...

Nothing changed, cannot save my changes in: Preferences Main »» General Settings?

When I turn HTTP REFERER on, I still get the "Why am I being redirected here?" page ... so no changes there either, didn't count on that anyway.

Maybe I should put up a server myself, and run a more recent version of PHP... think that would help.

hmm.

Thx for your time.

/FAF

Login

Who's Online

517 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 517

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits