Zaphod
The infamous blank page
  • 2005/11/5 9:17

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

I’m trying to setup a copy of my web site on my laptop so I can try the 2.2.x upgrade and find out in advance what problems I’m going to have.

I copied the web site and databases to my laptop and edited the settings in the mainfile.php. When I try and call up the web site all I get is a blank page. I’ve tried setting on Debug in the XOOPS configuration table with the MySql Browser and set E_ALL in the common.php, but when I try and call up the web site all I still get is a blank page with no error messages.
I’ve also cleared out the cache (except for the adminmenu.php) and templatec_c folders with no effect.

Any suggestion on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Terry

Bender
Re: The infamous blank page
  • 2005/11/5 9:39

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quick try of a different environment to see if its some kind of version problem with php/mysql ...

Not sure what you are using now but trying xsas or xampp.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/5 9:50

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

I'm using Xp Pro with IIS 5. I can't see that's it's a MySql / PHP compatibility problem as I have a working XOOPS 2.2.3 Final site running quite happily on the same laptop.

Bender
  • 2005/11/5 9:57

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

My bad .. i thought you transfered it from a hosting to your local machine.

Well ... using the same database user and directory permissions then? Also specific to IIS 5 which i have no experience with at all maybe brash will come up with an idea since he seems to use a lot of that Microsoft products.

Don´t know if he sees this thread but it might be worth to parallel head over to his site http://www.it-hq.org/ and continue this here and there just to get even more ideas.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/5 22:08

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

Sort of got it up and running by using the "Protector" rescue.

Now when I try to login I get:
Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AusCps\modules\multiMenu\blocks\block.php on line 99

When I rename the "MultiMenu" folder to something the site comes up.

Does any body know what would cause "MultiMenu" to do this.

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/7 2:53

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

It’s a PHP 5.05 incompatibility in MultiMenu, loaded PHP 5.04 and it works Ok.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits