kalpax
User Management, basics
  • 2005/11/5 21:02

• kalpax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/9 2

I have XOOPS 2.2.3a installed with the community pack. I don't see any way in the base XOOPS package to add and manage users? I must be missing it, that's too basic. I see that there is a module called Extended Profiles, which seems to be able to tap into the base XOOPS user list, but before I fool with that very much I'd like to investiage the core XOOPS capability.

It's very odd but I can almost never find the answers I need via the XOOPS site search. I try before posting, but often don't find what I need.

Thanks

jdseymour
Re: User Management, basics

Users and profiles have been moved out of the core to the extended profile module, to allow for more features to easily be added in the future. Install the extended profile module to manage your user base.

kalpax
  • 2005/11/5 21:15

• kalpax

• Just popping in

OK, thanks, one q for you about that, which is will I have to keep using the List command to get the users that are in the system? The first time I opened the ext profiles module, there were not users listed...the only user is my admin acct so far. The dropdown list for "Selected User" is empty, I have to click List, the pick the user, the Add, then they're in the ext profiles dropdown, then I can finally edit...that is clunky, no?

jdseymour

Yes, I agree that it is a little clunky as you describe. I must admit I have not played with it as much as I should. I am currently planning the upgrade of my main site (after an apache and PHP upgrade), so I will be working on tutorials again when I get this accomplished. Maybe someone else has an easier workaround for this feature.

kalpax
  • 2005/11/5 21:24

• kalpax

• Just popping in

OK, thanks, clunky I can live with...probably it'll get better over time...just wanted to know if it was 'buggy' or just immature, or if I was not using it correctly.

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits