jezzamaster
RE: Developing a new module

Hi i want to know if there is a sample block only module that you can use as a template.

I have developed a php class that screen scrapes wunderground.com 's raw weather data. Its awesome! I had too because there are no Australian weather modules and wunderground.com has most Australian locations available.

Basically it just explodes the data on this page and arrays it.(click to see raw data)

It only downloads approx 0.23Kb of data to get all the info it needs! All i need now is a module for it!

Can anyone help?
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

Mithrandir
Re: RE: Developing a new module

If you just need a module with a block in it and that's it, then I'd recommend looking at Lykos Blocks for the basic structure.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

dean_collins

whats wrong with the existing yahoo weather? I have it operating on my www.aussienymeetup.net site and works great for Australian weather

or are you looking for local/regional weather?

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

jezzamaster

Yes but you use sydney and metro weather, i need weather for a small rural town. Its different. Anyways i'm just using a block to link to a php file and it works quite well now. But thanks guys!
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

dean_collins

yep i thought that might be your problem based on your website.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Bassman
  • 2005/11/3 1:17

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Have a look for Sample Module in the repository or try the xoopermod athttp://www.worldware.com/modules/xoopermod/

jezzamaster

Here is what i came up with. I made a PHP Wunderground RSS parser class and it outputs the following:
http://www.kempseyonline.com/blocks/weather/block1.php

Have a look guys. Its simple and quick, plus the block is cached at 3 hours so wunderground won't get sus.

If you want you can have a look at the script.

jezzamaster

BTW Goo Goo Dolls kick *&$%#!!!!

jezzamaster

Also dean my standards of professionalism don't allow me to use branded stuff, like yahoo weather! I hate branding!

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits