nikki
Secure articles and gallery
  • 2005/11/2 13:10

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Hi everyone,

I've just started building my XOOPS site.

There are two things that are crucial for my community and I hope I can get some advice from you experts or more experienced Xoopies.

I need an article module and a photo gallery module, but the main thing I need for them to allow me is to have flexible security rights, that is, to be able to restrict access to specific parts of each.

For example, i recently uploaded MyAlbum module, and although I can assign which groups can submit, vote etc, but I can't restrict access to specific folders/categories (at least I don't think I can).

Likewise with articles, I want to be able to allow a group to view some but not all article categories.

So, do any of you have any suggestions which modules achieve this?

TIA

Will_H
Re: Secure articles and gallery
  • 2005/11/2 14:57

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

xoopsgallery is nice, it allows you to set the permissions for each gallery without having to access your admin panel. I also like that users that are permitted to upload can put up multiple images in one swoop. It is a bit more complicated to use because of all the extra features, but i feel it is a nice tradeoff.

nikki
Re: Secure articles and gallery
  • 2005/11/2 15:33

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Thanks a bunch! I'll give that one a try.

As for articles, I just tried 'Articles' and it has no access restriction available.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't keep uploading them all! lol

Login

Who's Online

474 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 474

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits