panigrc
Re: Spotlight view on Xoops.org
  • 2005/9/12 21:40

• panigrc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/14

Hi everyone. As far as I know HERKO is one of the developers of spotlight. Where can I request some things about this module ?

Cause I find this module really good but if it had some features more would be even better.

Perhaps if it supported spotlight of the last 5 articles.

Also I have modified spotlight to support xfsection because I am using it. If are you interested I can send it to you (but I think that its an easy job for you to convert it )
[size=xx-small]X-Park Greek Pc Modding Community
Official Greek Support at XoopsGreece.gr[/size]

Fastian
  • 2005/10/15 14:03

• Fastian

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/6 0

Add me in the list of beggers.

I have asked for this feature in more than 3 threads about 3/4 months ago. But till now

Lets just hope that Hervet will find time for this soon. It doesnt seem to have a lot of changes. But who knows.

Giving *bump to this thread.
I m not a Programmer
BUT
I m a Good Learner

wcrwcr
  • 2005/10/15 23:03

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi all

One more little bump

Still waiting ......

Regards

script_fu

Yep yep when XOOPS was down there where a few sites running this mod. I think there were at least three XOOPS suport sites but I cant find the link to the other now. Err

http://www.frxoops.org/

http://www.xoops.pr.gov.br/

Anyway this feature first show up here on XOOPS when the last redesign happened. Its been a very long time indeed.
I always thought that the code to display the news in this manner was donated from the fyn.dk project. Read up a lil more on that here.

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1342

Herko has always said that when time was available that it would be added to the news module. Not to be rude but this question has gone on for the better part of a year and a half give or take...

Now we start to see this feature on other support sites and its a an awesome feature that our community wants real bad. I've noticed that xoops.org has updated the news module to the current release. So this means to me that the special spotlight feature here on XOOPS and other support sites is not within in the the news module. Its either a module of its own or custom blocks with php code.

I just dont understand that a gpl project like XOOPS wouldn't release this for the masses. Unless there is some sort of security issue or say its on loan from the devs at fyn.dk or something?

Just some thoughts...

script_fu

Add this site to the list that has the XOOPS spotlight feature...

http://www.xoopsturkiye.com/v2/index.php

What gives?

JMorris
  • 2005/10/31 23:37

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Linky: XOOPS2 Spotlight

Looks like the same module as what's on this site. Was published quite some time ago too. Of course, there's probably some tweaking that's been done for xoops.org, but, the building blocks are there.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

script_fu

Yep thanks for the link. I remember trying to get those spotlight modules to work a long time ago. Man they are buggy lol. They still wont give the 4 blocks and feed the news the way it does here. Its not even close you get one block with news and one block with wfsections. If you look at the links from the XOOPS website spotlight and try to match them to your install of spotlight they are backwards I think. Meaning the base links do not match or work the same way. Not to mention that your still 2 blocks shy and you need two different news modules installed to pull off just two blocks. It is a vehicle to get there I suppose if your a coder. For me I just tinker...

JMorris
  • 2005/11/1 1:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
For me I just tinker...

I know the feeling.

Well, hopefully the Devs will get some spare time soon to release the version used on this site.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Fastian
  • 2005/11/1 16:25

• Fastian

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/6 0

So atlast i am seeing little activity in this post.

I have tried Spotlight but i never get even anything close what we have in Xoops.org.

If you track these requests then its been more than 7/8 months that people are requesting such a thing. The onlly reply they ever got from a DEV was "this is a slightly modified version of spotlight modulr". And they never get the time to tell that "Slight Modification"

I just think that Devs listen to the requests what they think important to them. Otherwise you have to wait and wait a lot.
Quote:
Well, hopefully the Devs will get some spare time soon to release the version used on this site.

I just cant understand that why they need so much time for a thing that is already working on this site.
Still i hope they will understand that this hack/modification is importance for many of us and we need it badly.
I m not a Programmer
BUT
I m a Good Learner

giba
  • 2005/11/1 16:42

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Best Regards,
James

Yes, I waiting, Thanks James

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits