wonder
View news module in index.php
  • 2005/10/28 19:18

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/22

I would like to put news module in index.php with something like "frames" because I'm losing pagerank because it redirects to /modules/news/.

It's possible to put a block in the Main page displaying the news exactly like the news module index.php?

JMorris
Re: View news module in index.php
  • 2005/10/28 23:45

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If I'm not mistaken, frames will hurt your PR much more than the /modules/news in your URL.

A couple suggestions...

If you're using the older version of news (1.0) upgrade to 1.42. It has several new features, some of which improve SEO.

Instead of setting the news module as your homepage, use the recent spotlight block (news 1.42).

Depending on the content of your site, you may want list some RSS feeds on your site that change regularly as well.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

wonder
  • 2005/10/29 20:23

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

Hey.. thanks for your answer!

I've already updated it to version 1.42, but I don't find that block :(

wonder
  • 2005/10/29 20:31

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

I found it.. put it have some bugs... like the topic image is higher than the news... and it only shows the last news in the page...

JMorris
  • 2005/10/29 20:52

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Wonder,

I apologize, I got News mixed up with AMS for a second. The spotlight feature in News is in the Recent News block.

As far as the "bugs" you mentioned. To change the alignment of the image, look in the templates. It looks as though there are style elements there you can change. Regarding "...and it only shows the last news in the page", If you're refering to the spotlight feature of the Recent News block, I believe this is by design. The main point is to put a "teaser" here to get people interested in your featured article. You can fill out the remainder of your home page with blocks from other areas of your site.

Perhaps an example would help. I use AMS on my site, so it won't be quite the same as what you would get with News, but similar results can be achieved.

Take a look at the homepage of MyWebResource for ideas on how to fill a homepage, while improving your site's SEO.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

wonder
  • 2005/10/29 21:00

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

Great webpage ...

But look at my website:http://www.animekensei.com

I want to have the same aspect as it has.. but with a block in the index.php page. Is it possible to create?

JMorris
  • 2005/10/29 23:35

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Hmm... I hate to say this, but honestly, I don't know. I would think it's possible using the php code from the news module in a custom block on your homepage, but that's getting into a level of php that's over my head.

Perhaps a *real* php coder will pop by soon with more help.

Best Regards,

James

wonder
  • 2005/10/30 14:53

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you anyway

I'll wait...

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits