saowen
someone said I can't
  • 2005/10/16 7:05

• saowen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/16

and I never have liked that word

I'm brand new to Xoops, and just getting started. I have managed a theme. I've temporarily turned on the site, if anyone has a moment to take a peek.

http://realtorguideonline.com/

if you don't want to register, just use tester for the username and testing for the password. It looks a little better once you get in, for some reason I haven't figured out yet.

Then, my question is - can I get content to land in the lower sections I created by putting a loop in those slots (ie the centerLblock starts here stuff)? Or do I have to stick to a strict 2-3 columns.

Suggestions?

Bassman
Re: someone said I can't
  • 2005/10/16 7:17

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Looks really good!
Of course you can move the actual blocks around from their default locations, if you are familiar with HTML (and it appears you are)
Just experiment and see how you go.

saowen
Re: someone said I can't
  • 2005/10/16 15:03

• saowen

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bassman wrote:
Looks really good!
Of course you can move the actual blocks around from their default locations, if you are familiar with HTML (and it appears you are)
Just experiment and see how you go.

Thank you :) Its the experimenting that worries me. I keep breaking it, so I'm missing some key element in the lower blocks, I imagine. Is there a spot that tells what blocks have to have?

saowen
Re: someone said I cant
  • 2005/10/18 4:36

• saowen

• Just popping in

Progress and more questions

http://realtorguideonline.com/

Progress -- The bottom 'block' I called the rblock and was able to get it to pick up the Partners, as I wanted

The questions --

1) I added a custom block as a 'welcome' blurb, but it wants to come second instead of first as I want it to ... I've moved the
<{$xoops_contents}>

all over the place, and back where it started thinking that might be the problem. It never mattered.

2) Maybe the same issue as 1), I'm not getting any content to land in the second section (Latest Articles). It *should be* block center left and block center right stuff (different mods, one is headlines another articles)

Can someone tell if I missed a key element?

JMorris
  • 2005/10/18 4:44

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Are you setting "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to Yes in Preferences Main »» General Settings? If you don't, your changes won't take effect. Just remeber to change the setting to No once you're done with your edits.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

saowen
  • 2005/10/18 4:48

• saowen

• Just popping in

Yup, already had that covered :) it didn't do the trick. I was hoping it would be that simple, though.

Login

Who's Online

473 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 473

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits