brsmith
Answer?
  • 2005/10/16 16:03

• brsmith

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/14

Nobody knows the answer to this problem?

My site displays a strange error message when a user or myself logs on;
'No Error Message Specified'
It just all of a sudden started appearing, everything on the left and right columns appears fine but the center data disappears, then if you hit HOME everything in the center appears undisturbed.
Very strange. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling basically everything, yet nothing has solved this problem. My site is pretty plain jane and I just switched to XOOPS from phpNuke and as I said things have been fine until recently.
Here is a link to my site;
http://www.brianrsmith.net
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link to topic.....
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42641&forum=7

Re: Answer?
  • 2005/10/17 21:53

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/23

in my opinion this is pure spam

brsmith
  • 2005/10/18 1:02

• brsmith

• Just popping in

Quote:

123456 wrote:
in my opinion this is pure spam

What are you talking about?
This is the ONLY response I can get on a support forum? Doesn't seem like a whole lot of support to me.

I switched from phpNuke to XOOPS because of bugs with phpNuke but after my experience here trying to get support I guess I will be dropping XOOPS too.

davidl2
  • 2005/10/18 1:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I think the previous poster was trying to point out that re-posting the problem you had posted once here wasn't really the best way to get it dealt with.

I think calling it Spam wasn't right.

The best thing to do if a post is missed, is a simply "BUMP" type posting on the original thread - but please allow more than just a few hours, as we're all volunteers and fellow users here... and we may not be able to deal with the problem immediately.

Please see your original post for a reply.

brsmith
  • 2005/10/18 1:41

• brsmith

• Just popping in

Oh, okay, I apologize. I realized my mistake after I posted the message, went back and editted it to add the link to my previous post since I couldn't delete the message.
Honestly, this message and my original message have been sitting here for alot more than a few hours. It's been days and no response, then when I got the response above I figured that was all I was going to get.
I misunderstood and I apologize.

davidl2
  • 2005/10/18 1:43

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Theres nothing worse than having a problem you can't sort out ... i've been there myself...

We've now much more information on the other post now, so i'm sure someone can assist.

Unfortunately I can't myself as it's 2:47 am in the UK and i've got to get up to work in 4 hours but i'll try and look at it later tomorrow if you've not had any joy.... but i'm sure someone will help you before then.

brsmith
  • 2005/10/18 1:45

• brsmith

• Just popping in

Thanks much. I really like XOOPS, it has been a great system except this one nagging bug, but site is still capable of running.
Appreciate your help. Have a good night.

Login

Who's Online

359 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 359

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits