bushwaiter
template empty user and main menu
  • 2005/10/11 10:51

• bushwaiter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/30

Can someone please tell me what to do?

After updating the system-module the user menu and main menu are empty.

I had the same problem after installing (upgrading ) the P-MyAlbum and news 1.4 module. That problem still exists: The recent news block and photo-blocks are empty as well. If i look at the template of those blokcks it shows empty, but if I open the template file of that block it is not.

How can I repair this. The site is currently closed.

gr.

Bushwaiter

davidthomas1
Re: template empty user and main menu

Try deleting the contents of your templates_c folder (cache) XOOPS will then regenerate the templates based on the template files.

It may be worth checking you have the templates set to update under admin>system>general preferences.
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

bushwaiter
Re: template empty user and main menu
  • 2005/10/11 13:42

• bushwaiter

• Just popping in

Quote:

davidthomas1 wrote:
Try deleting the contents of your templates_c folder (cache) XOOPS will then regenerate the templates based on the template files.

It may be worth checking you have the templates set to update under admin>system>general preferences.

Thanks for the advise.

I tried but still almost all the right and all of the left blocks show empty.(only the header)

bushwaiter
Re: template empty user and main menu and all the rest of the left and rigth blocks
  • 2005/10/16 8:36

• bushwaiter

• Just popping in

Am I the only one with this problem, or has it already been discussed elsewhere.

gr.

Bushwaiter

shatterstar
Re: template empty user and main menu and all the rest of the left and rigth blocks
  • 2005/10/16 9:07

• shatterstar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/16

It sounds like you're having the same problem that I have. I posted right before you and have not received a response.

JMorris
  • 2005/10/16 12:07

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

What version of XOOPS are you using?
Are you getting any PHP Debug messages?
Had you installed a module right before the problem started?

I had a similar problem on 2.2.3RC1 but the problem was caused by a module. After I uninstalled the module, everything worked fine.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

davidthomas1

I had this problem myself after upgrading the system module. I n my case, I lost my customised main menu.

However, I did have a database backup, so I just looked for the table, with the block data, in there and inserted it back into the new database.

I actually found the table in the backup file, copied and pasted just that section into a new textfile then used PHPMyAdmin to import it into the right XOOPS table.

It worked for me but was a little technical.
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits