pahrens
ChatMX question
  • 2005/8/24 21:17

• pahrens

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/8 2

I have the chatmx installed and it seems to be working just fine, but it will not refresh. anyone who has been in the chat has to wade through all of the other conversaions previously in there. They stay on the screen. Even if a user has never been in the chat room before the conversations are all on screen for them to read. The buffer seems to stay full and the names are listed still even if the people have logged out. I have sent emails to the author but never get any replies.

Any suggestions?

Will_H
Re: ChatMX question
  • 2005/8/26 5:55

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I also gave this module a try, and found that the same problems were present, I also did not like the way the page seemed to tear when refreshing. The last thing my users want to see is the whole page going white every 20 seconds. I did appreciate that the module used my sites current theme. Unlike other chat modules that will only support one look. I have used all of them to date, and to be bluntly honest they all have their flaws.

hydrO
  • 2005/10/9 13:25

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/8 8

I have tried all the chat modules available here, and all of them have problems. I am using XOOPS 2.0.13.1 and the only module that even worked was ChatMX.

With ChatMX the page loads very slowly and the blocks on the right side disappeared on the module page.So I finally gave up on using a XOOPS Chat module for the moment.
Download Dhivehi mp3s
[size=x-small]www.gnatoll.com[/size]

clickingwire

I have installed ChatMX on my site but when I go to enter into a chat room I get:

Please:

-Sorry, We need to get your IP to allow the access

Did I install it wrong or do I need to tweak a setting?

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits