txcelt
Need Basic Help on Xoops Themes
  • 2005/10/7 14:48

• txcelt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/24

I've been running XOOPS on my web site for about 2 years now, and would really like to create a theme that 'looks' like tabletop gaming (Euro/German style games, RPGs, miniatures).

I've downloaded several themes that have elements that I like (top bar navigation, fixed column width, ability for user to turn left and right columns on/off, search box, etc.), and I can work in photoshop to make graphics. I've also tinkered in CSS a bit. I'm not a coder, but I can understand and modify existing code to an extent.

I need some help understanding how all of these pieces come together in a XOOPS theme. I saw the recent threads on the awsome work Snow77 (I think) did on the pirate theme, and I'd like to know more about the visual elements involved so I can give my site more flavor.

So, if there is a thread or a how-to out there, please point me in the right direction!

jdseymour
Re: Need Basic Help on Xoops Themes

Quite a bit of basic information in the XOOPS Theme Section of the FAQ, Read through this, as well as look for external links to other sites with tutorials.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits