nulla
Registered users
  • 2005/10/6 4:11

• nulla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

I have 2.2 installed on a new site about to open and when I have tested registering as a normal member I then get the admin option appearing on the user menu. At first I was able to also access the cbb module as well and do what I wanted as in full admin rights for that module only. I disabled the cbb module as I thought it was the culprit but the admin option is still on the user menu but no modules in the drop down... Its not there for visitors.
Is there something I am missing or not setting in XOOPS 2.2? I have registered 2 test names for the same result..

Nulla

gediminasbyt
Re: Registered users

Well dude if you have these problems you are not ready to open your site for public yet

Just go to Admin->Groups->Anonymous and then Registered (then to other yourcreatedusergroups) and uncheck Administrationpriviledges for those groups for any modules that you do not want those users groups be able to administer.

Gediminas

nulla
Re: Registered users
  • 2005/10/6 7:01

• nulla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Thanks gediminasbyt for your prompt reply, I had not in fact looked at that section... I am familiar with XOOPS but like a lot of us not with getting around 2.2 quite as well as of yet

None of the system admin rights or block admin rights have been or were checked for regist. users or visitors.

What I did do and I thank you for leading me to that section was disable the user menu option and then enable it again, this has now taken away the admin menu option that was for some reason visible to registered users. Seeing only the cbb module was allowed to be accessed while this occured I am leaning towards a problem with that module.

I am going to re install newbb.

thanks again gediminasbyt

Nulla

Login

Who's Online

527 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 527

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits