Vobis
Login/User Menu Block
  • 2005/9/30 1:20

• Vobis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/25

Well - everything works perfectly except for one small thing, when I create my own link to somewhere (since I prefer to design my own navigation) instead of it showing the user menu block, it shows the login block.

User is still logged in while this happens also, any idea of why this is happening and how to fix it? Otherwise everything is running extremely smoothly (Updated to V.2.2.2 and using several custom modules).

Sorry for any inconvenience from this message.

JMorris
Re: Login/User Menu Block
  • 2005/9/30 1:33

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
Sorry for any inconvenience from this message.

It's no inconvenience. That's what we are here for.

Where did you define your custom links? If you're wanting to add custom links to the user block, you'll need to edit the system_block_user.html template. There is an extensive amount of information in the FAQ section of this site on how to clone and edit your template set.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Vobis
  • 2005/9/30 1:42

• Vobis

• Just popping in

Originally created a custom block - then I edited the block_system_mainmenu.html file to see if it was just a template issue. Updated it through the xoopsupdate.php, so it would actually change the display. Just when I press any of the links I make myself (rather than made by the Content Management System), I notice it changes the User Menu to the Login Block.

Not trying to add links to the User Menu - just curious what's making the Login Block come up when I use my own links.

Tried using the <{$xoops_url}> code for the general base url instead of just typing it all in, that didn't work either. Is their some format I'm missing?

Thanks for being prompt.

JMorris
  • 2005/9/30 1:50

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Very strange. Are you getting any Smarty Debug errors? Do you have a link or a screen capture that illustrates the problems you are having?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Vobis
  • 2005/9/30 2:01

• Vobis

• Just popping in

Just overlooked it - no debug errors from what I could see. (PHP Debug).

Created a test account for you to log in if you'd like, link is http://www.serenity-denied.com.

username: TestName
password: test

It's specifically links that I've created and certain pages like the memberlist, calendar (piCal), faq, viewpolls, et cetera.

Don't mind the web site :-p. Still fine-tuning everything.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it a lot.

Vobis
  • 2005/9/30 2:04

• Vobis

• Just popping in

One note: I use Firefox. Would that have any effect or no?

JMorris
  • 2005/9/30 2:11

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

In IE the problem cannot be reproduced, but in Firefox, when I click on "Contact Us" the url changes so that www. is added to the beginning. This is why you are seeing the login block. http://www.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com is not treated the same by XOOPS. The reason is that they are *technically* not the same domain.

Try adding the trailing slash to the end of the URLs that reference directories and see if this resolves your issue.

Example...
Change:
http://serenity-denied.com/cms/modules/contact

To:
http://serenity-denied.com/cms/modules/contact/

The default for Firefox is to add www. to a domain name. Perhaps because you are not referencing the directory root, Firfox is falling back to it's default of adding the www. to the domain name in an attempt to fully resolve the URL.

Hope this helps.

James

Vobis
  • 2005/9/30 2:11

• Vobis

• Just popping in

Hmm. Actually I think it may - I just tested in IE and everything works perfectly

(I DO HAVE TO UPDATE the other CSS files though, rofl :-p. Completely forgot about people using other browsers, so all the colors are weird)

Vobis
  • 2005/9/30 2:12

• Vobis

• Just popping in

Yeah thanks :-p. Going to try that right now, just noticed it looked like a browser issue.

Vobis
  • 2005/9/30 2:20

• Vobis

• Just popping in

Works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for the help, appreciate it a lot.

Login

Who's Online

459 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 459

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits