SimonTheMime
Advanced Theme Changing after select

The themes I use all have special images and templates (forum buttons for example) for each theme, and every now and then I rotate. This means having to move everything into folders, changing template, moving new images/css files in, etc etc.

But, this is getting too exasperating.. is there any module, or anything at all that would do all this automatically? Can you think of a way around this?

Thanks,
Simon
RF Online

tripnosis
Re: Advanced Theme Changing after select
  • 2005/9/30 3:40

• tripnosis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/28

Seems a simple fix would be to keep track of all of the changed files in the heirarchy they go in xoops, and keep a local copy for each theme. So the themes would each be uploaded to the root, and not the themes folder. I do it this way. So istead of having a folder called "mytheme" that you upload to the themes folder, you have a folder called "mytheme" with all of the altered files within their respective folders in it, inluding a "themes/mytheme" folder for the actual theme. Then you would just upload the contents of the folder(not the folder) to your XOOPS root. From there you only have to choose the theme, and refresh all of the modules with altered pages along with refreshing the System module.

I hope there will be a simpler way soon, but I haven't found one yet, and this seems to work fine for me.
"There is no element of genius, without some form of insanity."
Lyra Design
Vote Trip in '06!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits