Mithrandir
Re: Notifications

You've got to realise that in order to help you, I have to

1) See this thread
2) Understand the problem fully
3) Get back to it, when you have more information
4) Reproduce the problem (which is not easy since I don't have a 2.0.7.3 installation, since it is quite outdated)
5) Find the bug
6) Fix the bug

I'll see what I can find out, but PHP debug and MySQL debug information would be good, if any is available (you'll have to trigger the notification as an admin to get the MySQL debug window)
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

MS-2001
  • 2005/9/29 12:54

• MS-2001

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/27

I don't care whether it's outdated or not because I can't update anymore (you maybe know that) and so I have to find a way to fix that problem.

I'll help you with anything you need but please tell me what

Quote:
(you'll have to trigger the notification as an admin to get the MySQL debug window)

??? I don't understand, sorry. I never heard about a MySQL Debug Window in XOOPS (or do you mean the mySQL debug option?)

Then what query do you need?

JMorris
  • 2005/9/29 16:47

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

MS-2001 wrote:
I don't care whether it's outdated or not because I can't update anymore (you maybe know that) and so I have to find a way to fix that problem.

I'll help you with anything you need but please tell me what

Quote:
(you'll have to trigger the notification as an admin to get the MySQL debug window)

??? I don't understand, sorry. I never heard about a MySQL Debug Window in XOOPS (or do you mean the mySQL debug option?)

Then what query do you need?

My first question is why can you not update from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.13.1?

My second question is why haven't you taken a look at the FAQ section of this site. Most of what you have asked is clearly answered there.

My third question is what PHP Debug, or MySQL Debug output are you getting? If you don't know how to enable PHP and MySQL Debug, please read the FAQ.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

MS-2001
  • 2005/9/29 16:58

• MS-2001

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/27

Question 1:
I did too many changes (also within the kernel) for my own use. And before this becomes your next question: It's quite impossible that my chances cause the problem

Question 2:
Because I couldn't find anything helpful there. And what do you mean with "most of it"? There's still just one "real question" and that's the one I'm looking for an answer.

Question 3:
There are no PHP debug message (why should there be any?!?). The notification is written and send. But it sould (as i allready said) only be sent once (until the user comes back to the site). And that's the point that doesn't work. He gets a notification for each new item no mather for his configuration on that point.

I'm sorry if there were any dump questions but it's confusing me. When I installed the system it was a stable release so I stuck to the opinion that everything "should" work well.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits