dean_collins
xoops gallery request

I have quite a few users who are uploading photos into XOOPS Gallery, it would be nice if the user name could be associated with these photo uploads.

is this prossible/probably or too hard to attempt?

tia,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

dean_collins
Re: xoops gallery request

bump
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

davidl2
  • 2005/9/25 19:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Have you tried asking at www.xoopsgallery.com ?

dean_collins

yep.
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

davidl2
  • 2005/9/26 0:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

According to what Greywolf (the developer) says on his site - he has a little more free time now, so perhaps re-asking may have some luck?

DonXoop

If I understand the question, xoopsgallery is weak on this but excels at other aspects. I hope the developer finds the time to keep up with the standalone gallery project now that it finally reached version 2.x. Developers out there willing to help??

This is what I do to simulate this: I create a base album and give registered (or other more narrowly defined) group rights to create sub albums. I detail instructions to the users to create their sub album (and then further sub albums within their own as needed) and give it a name that identifies them. It is then easy to get the URL of their base album for use elsewhere on the site.

I then follow behind them on occasion to narrow the ownership of their 1st level album to that user. My users are well behaved and so far have never messed up other people's albums (but admin should manually set ownership once in a while).

Even though my gallery has 10,000+ pics it is relatively few users that actually contribute so the occasional manual admin work isn't a big problem.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits