wildsoft
layout problem
  • 2005/9/26 13:45

• wildsoft

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/18

Hey!

I just transferred the whole site from one hosting to another and noticed that there is a layout problem - menu items are somehow messed up (they do not allign in one column) and some images (ie logo)have frames of another colour. See it here to better understand what's wrong.

By enabling php debug title page doesn't load at all and in the admin area I get theese messeges:

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/profile.php line 93
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/user.php line 610
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 209
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 223
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 819
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 819
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/cp_functions.php line 41
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/cp_functions.php line 58
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_TEXT already defined in file modules/xoopspartners/language/lietuviu/modinfo.php line 38
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/member.php line 216
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_TOPIC_POST - assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_TOPIC_POST' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 133
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_TOPIC - assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_TOPIC' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 150
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_POST - assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_POST' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 168
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_AUTHOR - assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BLOCK_AUTHOR' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 184
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/block.php line 179
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 119
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 340
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 321

Can someone help me solve this problem?

My feeling is that something went wrong importing DB, but it's just my feeling :)

Trying to switch to another theme, menu problem disapears, but there's still the 'images with frames' problem...

PS I'm using XOOPS 2.2.3 RC1

rabideau
Re: layout problem
  • 2005/9/26 14:12

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

It looks like you have problems with your themes.

1. Were you using the same version of XOOPS on the other host?
2. Did you update templates on the original site and not move and update the revised templates to the new site?

If you did either of the above, you could easily encounter the problems which are visible when shifting between themes on your site.

The easy fix is to eliminate the broken themes for now. Repair the themes as you get time and upload them later.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

wildsoft
  • 2005/9/26 15:34

• wildsoft

• Just popping in

On the old hosting I was using XOOPS 2.0 but have successfully upgraded it to XOOPS 2.2 (still on the old hosting) and had no problems with themes. Then I dupmed SQL DB, copied all the files and transferred everything to new host.

Quote:
2. Did you update templates on the original site and not move and update the revised templates to the new site?

Hmm, can you explain more specifically how should I do that?

Quote:
he easy fix is to eliminate the broken themes for now. Repair the themes as you get time and upload them later.

Can you explain how can I repair themes? Theese themes were working fine on old host with XOOPS 2.2.3. maybe upgrade script (xoops 2.0 -> 2.2) did 'fix' themes automatically?

rabideau
  • 2005/9/26 17:10

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hmm, can you explain more specifically how should I do that?

If you never changed the templates on your 'old' site; then this should not be your problem.

Can you explain how can I repair themes? Theese themes were working fine on old host with XOOPS 2.2.3. maybe upgrade script (xoops 2.0 -> 2.2) did 'fix' themes automatically?

You will need to rewrite them to work with the new version of xoops. Not all themes work with all versions of xoops. You have possibly found two that do not work with 2.2.3 RC1. If you do not know how to do this, then simply find new themes that meet your fancy and do work correctly with 2.2.3 RC1. Eliminate the broken themes and replace them with 'good' themes.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

wildsoft
  • 2005/9/26 17:58

• wildsoft

• Just popping in

OK, will try to find the new themes for my site. But still I don't understand why current themes were working on old host with XOOPS 2.2.3

And yes, I never changed templates.

EDIT: Tried the theme that is said to be fully compatible with XOOPS 2.2, but still the problem remains - images with the borders :(

It's clear for me now that something went wrong during the transfer to new host, I just can't figure out what it is...

Login

Who's Online

377 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 377

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits