mdbarton
Custom Blocks content has disappeared
  • 2005/9/23 6:27

• mdbarton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/16

Hi

I have two custom blocks on my site (2.2.3RC). Up to now it has worked fine, but now the content of the custom blocks is no longer displayed, I just get a block title. When I look at the blocks on the admin screen the content is all there. All the other blocks are fine.

I have tried creating a new custom block and it's content is not being displayed either.

The content seemed to stop displaying after I deleted the contents of templates_c - I was modifying my theme. However, if it was the theme change that had caused the problem, I would have expected that reverting back to the default theme and default template sets would have fixed this - not the case!

Any ideas?

mdbarton
Re: Custom Blocks content has disappeared
  • 2005/9/23 8:34

• mdbarton

• Just popping in

some more info... I switch PHP debug on and get this message:
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

I went to the template set manager and list the system templates in my cloned template set. The following files:
-system_block_dummy.html
-system_block_newusers.html
-system_block_themes.html
-system_block_topusers.html
are highlighted in yellow. I click on generate and get the message "Selected file does not exist)". I go to the system templates in the default set and the files are not present.

I can see the files are all present in html/modules/system/templates/blocks

Anyone know how I can untangle this...

Housefly
  • 2005/9/23 8:41

• Housefly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

It will depend on what kind of contents are put up in the custom blocks you've created. If they are html, you should select the options below as HTML, if its plain text select TEXT with Smileys and so on... if your output is html and you don't select it will not display... also you must create permission from admin>preference>groups for anonymous users to be able to view the custom blocks...

I hope this help!

mdbarton
  • 2005/9/23 8:47

• mdbarton

• Just popping in

Housefly - I had already created the custom blocks and got them working, permissions and everything were fine - it was all working ok for weeks. The problem is that now the content is no longer being displayed - seems to be a template issue...

jdseymour

Try updating the system module. It should reload your templates. See if the proper files are then listed in the default template set, then manually generate them in the cloned template set.

Also switch to the default template set and see if the blocks show normally.

mdbarton
  • 2005/9/23 8:57

• mdbarton

• Just popping in

Thanks jdseymour - that fixed it!

scudy
  • 2005/11/30 16:11

• scudy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

Sorry, but I have the same problem and I am not sure how to update the System module. Do you mean "upload it again" or something? I only have one template set, btw

edit: never mind. problem solved

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits