SMTP mail after upgrade
  • 2005/8/15 17:05

• cezar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 1

After 2.2.1 upgrade the mail doesn't work anymore. I have Mail setup as:
Mail delivery method - SMTP
SMTP host(s)- 192.168.x.x
This is the error message that I get when it tries to send e-mail.
Errors
SMTP Error: could not connect to SMTP host server(s)

Confirmation Mail for username mailed.

Before I did the upgrade everything worked fine.
Am I missing any other settings that are required with new release?

Thanks in advance for any help.

pegasus00321
Re: SMTP mail after upgrade

I think it simply couldnt connect to the SMTP server. Its possible theres a bug in the coding.
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

Mithrandir

What did you upgrade from?

We spotted something wrong with the SMTP host settings in 2.2 and 2.2.1 that was fixed in 2.2.2
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

cezar1
  • 2005/8/16 12:13

• cezar1

• Just popping in

Thanks for your replies!
I upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.2 than 2.2 to 2.2.1
Do you think if I upgrade to 2.2.2 version would fix the issue?

Mithrandir

I sure hope so
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

cezar1
  • 2005/8/16 12:19

• cezar1

• Just popping in

I will give it a try today and will post the results here.

Thanks

cezar1
  • 2005/8/16 21:06

• cezar1

• Just popping in

The upgrade fixed it.
I have another question: My System module is still at bottom of all the modules. Isn't 2.2.1 release supposed to fix this issue or there is something messed up with my configuration?
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

justsomeguy

I have also had trouble with sending SMTP messages. I found this issue in two separate environments. In one, I upgraded from 2.0.10 all the way up through 2.2.2. The other is on a fresh install of 2.2.2. These are on two different servers in two different Windows 2003 domains. I am using Exchange server on one domain and SurgeMail on the other domain. I did not have any trouble with sending SMTP on XOOPS v. 2.0.10. I am running Apache 2.0 and MySQL 4.1.9. I first noticed this when trying to send ecards through xcgallery v. 2 available at http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1264

justsomeguy

I just tried sending through Mercury32. I also completely disabled my firewall (ISA 2004(, but none of that worked. I installed PHP Mail class, but I couldn't get any messages that way, either.

shootsource
Re: ecard - xcgall2.0 - Xoops2.23final
  • 2005/11/11 20:51

• shootsource

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

Hey, folks - hope this is an acceptable spot - running xcgallery 2.0 and XOOPS 2.23 Final with a good function in all aspects of modules sending email messages with the exception of XCgallery Ecards which appear in the user experience to send - a confirmation posts and so on saying the ecard was successfully sent - prob is that this generates no more than a mailerdaemon failure message from my host letting me know the message failed to send.

My system email is configured to phpmail by default setting which supported this feature in previous versions of both the xcgallery and XOOPS before I upgraded them.

The email failure seems to stem from sender based on this remark in the error I get = Received: from nobody (here it posts my server info of course)

I feel it may just be my inexperience in this area - but I thought I'd ask after spending considerable time snooping around here and pondering what I can do to resolve - this.

Great script, great feature and hope it can be restored.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits