theycallmepj
moving xoops site

I am currently in the process of moving my XOOPS site from my hosting company to my own server. I do not know any where else to ask this question. I changed everything in the mainfile.php file. But moving my database is more difficult. My hosting company allowed me to use phpmyadmin, so I exported my database into one large .sql file. Now, does anyone know how to import it back using phpmyadmin, or is there an easier way of importing it?
Thanks,
Paul Travis
MASD.info
THEYCALLMEPJ.com

theycallmepj
Re: moving xoops site

Or is there a better way of exporting my database?
Thanks,
Paul Travis
MASD.info
THEYCALLMEPJ.com

jdseymour

Quote:

theycallmepj wrote:
Or is there a better way of exporting my database?

If you are moving to your own server, I will assume that you have full root access. A better faster way than phpmyadmin import export is in these two articles on my site:

Regular Database Backup with Cron (Updated)

and

MySQL Database Restore

Both of these native MySQL scripts will export and import your database with ease.

tzvook
  • 2005/9/10 23:07

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

If you have FTP acsess to bothh MySql dirs, you may try to simply move the whole MySql directory to the new location (you just need to know the path to both, then give the right permitions and that's all, i did it a few times with no problems...

skalpa
  • 2005/9/10 23:59

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
MySQL Database Restore
Both of these native MySQL scripts will export and import your database with ease.

This method works generally better than phpMyAdmin if you have a lot of data to import.
People without CLI/shell access to their server can also try to put the MySQL command in a php script:
- Put the sql dump as well as the following 'import.php' in the same folder
- Display the import.php file with your browser
<?php
  system
'mysql --host=database host IP ...see jdseymour's article... < filename.sql' );
?>

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

Login

Who's Online

259 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 259

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits