hugh_s
upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.2 then 2.3 but module blocks are missing
  • 2005/8/27 15:41

• hugh_s

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/27

i first tried upgrading to 2.2, then i put the 2.3 files on top.

the start page comes up and i can click on the modules on the left menu and they display, but none of my original blocks are here.

when i click blocks/list all blocks, there are none listed and i cant find where to configure them.

also, im suspecing a problem with the database schema. did the xoopsupdate.php try to change the schema and get it wrong? for example, when i go into admin/modules and try to update the system module, i get this:

Unable to install System. Error(s):
- Could not add nameid field in configcategory table
- Could not add description field in configcategory table
- Could not add module id field in configcategory table
- Could not delete user configuration category
- Could not insert System to database.
xoops_module_pre_update_system executed successfully.
Unknown column 'umode' in 'field list'
INSERT INTO xoops_user_profile (profileid, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, url, bio, user_intrest, umode, uorder, notify_method, notify_mode, user_regdate, posts, attachsig, timezone_offset, user_mailok, theme, actkey, last_login) SELECT uid, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, url, bio, user_intrest, umode, uorder, notify_method, notify_mode, user_regdate, posts, attachsig, timezone_offset, user_mailok, theme, actkey, last_login FROM xoops_users
Can't DROP 'block_id'. Check that column/key exists
Can't DROP 'module_id'. Check that column/key exists
Duplicate column name 'pageid'
xoops_module_update_system executed successfully.

is there something obvious im missing or is my database borked?

thanks for any help,

blueangel
Re: upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.2 then 2.3 but module blocks are missing
  • 2005/9/7 21:58

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

I have the same problem as you, I try to update the System module and I receive such errors.

I really appreciate if someone can help me, I am lost at the moment. What could be the problem? Could it be related to the extend profiles module?
XOOPSIT-The official italian xoops support site
Resized Image

zimmi88
  • 2005/9/7 22:15

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

i guessing that when you're referring to 2.2 and 2.3, you mean 2.2.2 to 2.2.3....

the patches that are released are generally version to version, meaining that a patch to upgrade to 2.2.3 would exclusively be available for those running 2.2.2, not from 2.0.13.1.

i'm not sure if there is a way to go back from 2.2.3 to 2.0.13.1. you best bet may be to apply the 2.0.13.1 to 2.2.0 patch to your site, update, and then patch up from there, though i'm not sure if this will quite work. another alternative might be to put on your site 2.0.13.1 as if you were transfering it to another server (put the MySQL database backup on the site, change mainfile.php, etc.), but as i'm not 110% sure how XOOPS completly works, i'm not sure if the system will still think it's a fresh install. you may want to seek out a better authority when it comes to XOOPS installation to see if there's a way to revert back (someone else is bound to reply to this post, too).

i sure hope this all helps and i wish you the best of luck with your site!
-zimmi88 =)

EDIT: I just realized that 2.2.3 has been declared a Release Candidate, meaning there are glitches that need to be ironed out that could cause elements of the site not to work. That might be the problem, seeing there's two of you that are having this problem.
"Need coffee, keep away..."

blueangel
  • 2005/9/9 6:08

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

thank you for your help. I hope it is a bug of the actual release of XOOPS (2.2.3 RC) and that it will be fixed with the final version.

In any case I will try what you suggest. I will update first the version 2.0.13.1 with the 2.2 and then I will apply all the following patches.
XOOPSIT-The official italian xoops support site
Resized Image

gstarrett
  • 2005/9/11 4:45

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

I upgraded my XOOPS 2.0.10 install by updating each patch along the way: 2.0.12a, 2.0.13, 2.2, finally 2.2.3. I didn't see any other notes on the 2.0.x series about special instructions after updating, so I just copied one up then the other, until getting to 2.2.3. After installing 2.2.3 I ran the xoopsupdate.php and got the same error you're seeing (I think, I didn't compare it exactly).

I checked the full install and it doesn't list a umode field in the install/sql directory either. Maybe a forgotten field or a typo?

Unable to install SystemError(s):
Could not delete user configuration category
Could not insert System to database.
xoops_module_pre_update_system executed successfully.
Unknown column 'umode' in 'field list'

The full version seems to install and run OK, but I haven't worked with other than installing.
Glen Starrett
Webmaster, Great Arizona Puppet Theater
and PHP/XOOPS Tinkerer...

gstarrett
  • 2005/9/11 6:16

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Update: I ran through the installer and it does create a umode field as text.

Why are you using text fields instead of varchar? From what I know (with SQLServer background) it's preferable to use at least non-blob type fields in most tables, and fixed-width in the highest contention tables.
Glen Starrett
Webmaster, Great Arizona Puppet Theater
and PHP/XOOPS Tinkerer...

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits