brash
Cloning default template generates hundreds of files?
  • 2005/9/7 11:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

I never usually use the template editor in Xoops, and generally opt to edit template files directly myself. However, I have a need to be able to edit my templates remotely and thought I've give the XOOPS template editor a go.

I've struck a problem where when I clone the default template set I get hundreds of files generated. For example there are 27 template files in the XOOPS system module, but the clone being produced has 231 templates. It's not uniform either, some modules have the correct amount of template files generated, some have 3 or 4 times the amount they should have.

I've tried overwriting all my files with a fresh download of the full package of the XOOPS version I'm using (2.0.13.1), but no joy. Weird thing is if I manually delete all these unwanted template files and then press "generate" to produce new ones, then it seems the correct amount are produced. So it seems that it is only when the inital cloning is done that these extra template files are genrated.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

brash
Re: Cloning default template generates hundreds of files?
  • 2005/9/7 23:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the initial generation of a template clone, and when you delete and then generate an individual template? This is just making no sense to me at all at the moment ...
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

brash
Re: Cloning default template generates hundreds of files?
  • 2005/9/8 14:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Well that was weird ...

Don't know why it happened, but for some reason it seems the template tables were all screwed up. I emptied the tplfile, tplset and tplsource tables, and then imported the contents of thos same tables from a fresh install of Xoops. I then updated each module to generate the template files for the default template set. From there I was able to clone my defauly template with the correct number of template files being generated for each module...
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits