--Psy
Re: How many splits can XOOPS bear?
  • 2005/9/6 0:13

• --Psy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/2 2

Personally I don't see waht's the matter about it, on the user side, that is. I remember a post asking about to keep 2.0 series up to date while 2.2 is being developed, and the Cube team is doing just that. So, is better this way really.

Besides that, I really think that what XOOPS Team needs now is time to fix things up, not only on their code, but in the way the product shows up. On the site organization, on the way modules are developed and (most important) the way they actually reach the user. A new image to the public can be refreshing right now.

rabideau
Re: How many splits can XOOPS bear?
  • 2005/10/29 17:20

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

As a person with more than 12 old-fashioned XOOPS sites (2.2), I just discovered the XOOPS Cube effort today. Curious about what it was, because of its affiliation with Onakazu, I checked it out (via google).

The official XOOPS Cube site was closed, most other links were in Japanese (or something other than English-- some of which I can read). Most of the XOOPS Cube sites and discussions seemed oriented to complaints about everything that doesn't work with XOOPS Cube (curious).

All software has its problems. XOOPS has been going through rough times of late. Even given our recent difficulties I, for one, do not plan to change to another CMS. As for others, I applaud their interest and exploratory natures. I wish them well... and hope that our collective communities continue to grow and expand. Diversity is a strength not a weakness... we can all learn from each other.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits