unlucky
xcgal upload problem
  • 2005/8/26 19:17

• unlucky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/26

Hello,

I know this topic has been discussed before, because I have seen results show up in google searchs, but all those pages are bad links or what-not, so I am going to ask it here.

First of all, I am using XOOPS 2.0.5. I am trying to get it upgraded, but I think my host needs to do it for me. Along those lines, I am also using xcGal 1.1.

Now, here is my problem. I cannot upload pictures. There have been several different reasons for this. First time, it couldnt create the admin/userpics/ directory. I manually created them and chmodded them to 777. That got rid of that error.

I did something a while ago, not sure what, that caused a different strange error. It would upload the pictures just fine, but wouldnt display them. It would let me add and delete them, and click on the link to see them, but no picture would ever show up. This annoyed me, so I reinstalled the module.

Now I have the problem that I can upload the files, I think, but when I click submit it goes to db_input.php and does nothing. It displays a blank page (with no debug, no templates, nothing at all). And if I try and just reload the site, the pictures havent been loaded.

Anyone have any suggestions about this?

rabideau
Re: xcgal upload problem
  • 2005/8/26 19:37

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I use 2.2.2 with the current version of xcgal-- no problems.

Are you sure you can't upgrade?
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

unlucky
  • 2005/8/26 19:54

• unlucky

• Just popping in

Trust me, I really wanna upgrade. :P

However, since my host hasnt given me any reply as to whether they can or will upgrade me, I figure I should deal with the situation at hand.

Intuit
  • 2005/8/26 20:02

• Intuit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/2 1

Out of curiosity, why can't you upgrade yourself? As long as you have FTP access of some sort, it should be a 5 minute process.
--
I
http://www.articles4business.com - post your small business/financial/internet biz articles here to promote your site!
http://www.seductionhome.com

unlucky
  • 2005/8/26 20:25

• unlucky

• Just popping in

I am waiting on a reply from my host provider. XOOPS is provided as service from them. I dont want to upgrade my version if it is going to mess up anything on their end. So I am waiting for a reply from them to tell me either they are updating it system wide, or that I am allowed to do it myself.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits