KayJay
Credits and Copyrights
  • 2005/8/26 11:10

• KayJay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Hi

So I've developed my own modules usining the origional sections module that comes with Xoops. Problem is, none of these mico-modules of mine bare much of the remeblance to the origional, so what do I do about the credits at the top of the pages?

And I downloaded and installed a calendar module, and at the bottom it displays "Calendar 2.24 for XOOPS V 2.0.2 by sylvain B. Original adaptation by Pascal Le Boustouller http://www.e-xoopsfr.com". Am I allowed to remove it, because I'm not sure my users appreciate it.

I'm developing using XOOPS for my treatise, and am curious about the copyright issues?

Kath

Mithrandir
Re: Credits and Copyrights

Quote:
what do I do about the credits at the top of the pages?

If you have changed the files, you can put yourself as author.

Just remember credits ("this module is based on xxx developed by yyy") in readme and xoops_version.php file.

Quote:
Am I allowed to remove it, because I'm not sure my users appreciate it.

You can throw visible credits as far as you like as long as you keep the credits in code comments/readme/xoops_version.php file, so there is no doubt what you have based your work on.

You can do whatever you want with GPL code - but if you release it, you'll need to keep the credits.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

KayJay
Re: Credits and Copyrights
  • 2005/9/12 7:48

• KayJay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Thanks very much!

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits