chipthamac
System module dissapears
  • 2005/7/23 14:12

• chipthamac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

Hey guys,
Got my site pretty much all bak up. Here are the problems I can not seem to figure out. When I go to my site the menu does not appear (navigation), or the user login, both system modules. So I go to user.php, login, then go to admin.php. Now, I can work with any module, EXCEPT anything on the system module. Clicking anything on system was causing a blank page of death. I updated to 2.0.13 and now it pulls up my website's template and has the message "Selected module does not exist!"
I think it may be a seqel error because if I go to phpmyadmin then xoops_modules, then browse, it shows all the modules, but system is in there twice at positions 1 and 16.
Any help or advice would be great.
Thanks guys,

jdseymour
Re: System module dissapears

The system module version 2.11 is the rogue module in your case. Version 2.11 of the system module comes with XOOPS 2.2.

Go to PHPmyadmin, export that table that houses the modules (just for safety sake) then delete the reference to the system module version 2.11. Hopefully that will end the confusion of your system of which module to use.

chipthamac
Re: System module dissapears
  • 2005/8/23 19:49

• chipthamac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

well. jd thanks for your help. the user menu never worked right again. i suspect something went awry in the sql tables. oh well, i just went to a clean install. lost a years worth of work. just goes to show you kiddies. backup AND verify they are good backs.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits