Michoko92
Admin deactivated! Please help
  • 2005/8/20 21:33

• Michoko92

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

Hi !

I'm really stuck, so I registered to these forums. I hope someone will be able to help me .

I recently designed a XOOPS site using the latest version. All was working fine, until I messed with the fields in the Extended Members module. I added some custom fields so members can set their race/level/profession (it is a World Of Warcraft guild site). All was working fine, except that at some point, the Members section in the site told me there was no member found, despite the fact some users were in the DB.

So I logged out, to see if it was some sort of refresh problem -> big mistake. Now I can't log as admin any longer. Each time I enter my login/password, it tells me that this user has been deactivated or not yet activated.

What can I do, please? Is there a way to get things back into place without having to wipe my DB and reconfigure all the settings I took days to fine tune?

Thank you very much for your help!

Bye
Michoko

rabideau
Re: Admin deactivated! Please help
  • 2005/8/21 1:22

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I recommend going to cpanel (or your equivalent), from there export a copy of your db (save an sql file on your PC).

Rebuild your site and add your DB minus the new fields you created. It sounds like something you did corrupted the XOOPS DB.

The export, rebuild and reload should not take too long and will allow you to reconstruct everything minus the most likely problem area.

Anyway, that's what I'd do....
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Michoko92
  • 2005/8/21 10:51

• Michoko92

• Just popping in

Thanks Rabideau.

I did a backup of the DB, without the user_*** tables and profiles, then did a clean install. I then reinstalled the backup, and it seems to work.

It's fortunate I did not have a DB full of users though

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Bye
Michoko

Michoko92
  • 2005/8/21 11:15

• Michoko92

• Just popping in

BTW, I found what caused this problem. I had added a field called "level" so members can enter their current WoW character level. It seems it made a conflict with the "level" field in the user table.

So if you create new fields, take care they don't have the same name as other fields in the DB

Bye
Michoko

Login

Who's Online

375 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 375

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits