bledsian
How Do you Install
  • 2005/8/18 14:09

• bledsian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/17

Basically the subject says what I want. I'm unable how to install a module that is found on the site here. I want the image gallery one (well, one of them). If there are any guides on how to do this that would be great. Thanks

martyboy
Re: How Do you Install
  • 2005/8/18 14:43

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

When you download a module and extract it it will sometimes extract to a folder called xoops2_mod_module_name, ensure that you upload ONLY the module folder(the one with the file xoops_version.php in it) to your XOOPS modules directory(http://yoursite.com/modules/). Log into your XOOPS admin click system>modules scroll to the module you just uploaded you should see the modules logo and click the install button. Thats it.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

bledsian
  • 2005/8/18 18:16

• bledsian

• Just popping in

Ok thanks. But another problem. Its a tar.gz file or something like that. And I dont have any programs on my pc that can extract that. Do you reccommened a program?

bledsian
  • 2005/8/18 18:49

• bledsian

• Just popping in

Ok i've installed some modules. thanks for the pointers. But after messing aroudn with some I realized I dont want them anymore. How do I delete these? Is it just as simple as deleting the /module/modulename folder? Or would that mess up my nav bar still? Thanks

Sorry, but im new to XOOPS and its not quite as user friendly as i was hoping.

Mithrandir

Uninstalling a module should be done first through the modules administration interface.

1. Go to the administration interface
2. Uncheck the "active" checkbox for the module(s) you want to uninstall
3. Submit
4. A new icon is now available in the modules administration to uninstall the module
5. After successful uninstallation, you can delete the files off the server
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

329 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 329

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits