macmend
a deeper sitemap...
  • 2005/8/16 9:12

• macmend

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/27

a while ago I moved from an html version weblog to XOOPS using the WeBlog module at

http://www.jonathanspencer.net

I was getting around 50 hits a day and sometimes 70-100, this appeared to be because subjects i had written about were directly spidered by Google and came up in web searches.

An example of this might be Christmas recipes which caused my hit and page views to soar around Christmas.

Now I am getting 0-5 hits.

Whilst my site is on google the weblog articles are not being picked up seperately and therefore do not feature.

I have created a site map using the sitemap module but it only goes as deep as subjects and not to the articles themselves (is there anyway to hack this?)

What can i do to get google, yahoo etc to spider the articles themselves??

I have been looking since I first posted at other php sitemaps, which give the depth but lack the filters....sitemap.php being one and maphp being the other
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

apache server with php sshexec turned on
xoops version 2.0.18.1 & 2.3.1
php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

pegasus00321
Re: a deeper sitemap...

You need to have other sites link to your site. More links, more spiders. Preferably popular sites (check their Alexa Rank)
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

macmend
  • 2005/8/20 18:33

• macmend

• Quite a regular

hmm, yes I understand that, but its the same old problem with php based sites as opposed to straight html...I have built a sitemap, altered the sitemap file from the sitemap module so it DOES work with google (just wish I could make it map slightly deeper) and also used the simplify URL module to make the urls more search engine friendly.

Why doesn't google go as deep as it used to on the html site, is it the print and pdf buttons on the forum or similar in my weblog that give me negative spider points when the site is being spidered? I don't know, but before a recipe for marzipan was the most looked at page on my site and at chrsitmas nearly blew my bandwidth...since the conversion to XOOPS this doesn't even get looked at and you cannot find it on a search engine(google, yahoo etc)..WHY?
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

macmend
  • 2005/8/23 14:51

• macmend

• Quite a regular

actually i recoded my site a little bit: gave it shorty urls and then individual page titles and so on, google came round last night and got in so deep it used up all my bandwidth....hmmm, out of the frying pan comes to mind.
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits