DonXoop
Moving newbb/cbb to new (test) server

I'm setting up a test server with only a few modules from the live site. I bring across the db tables needed and everything works fine except for the general configuration. No problem doing most of the configs but newbb/cbb is very tedious to configure so I'd like to maintain my original configs without copying over the entire site.

Besides copying the *_bb_* tables what do I copy across to get my original group rights per forum/category? Most of the forums have similar configs but it is painful to configure. And I'll do it again once I settle on a new site. Can I avoid all those tedious configs?
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

Mithrandir
Re: Moving newbb/cbb to new (test) server

patchwork-reinstalling stuff is bound to be error-prone, I think.

The forum and category permissions are in the core groupperm table (among all the other permissions) and the module's preferences in the config table (among all the other configurations)
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

DonXoop

rapid response Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I can see the grouperm data but haven't figured out if I can snag the forum configs without problems. It doesn't look good unless I grab the whole site which isn't what I want to do. I wanted to start a fresh install and bring over selected data. For the most part that works well except for the painful forum config details.

BTW, any official word on which newbb is the officialy santioned one? xoops.org appears to still be on newbb2 and hasn't moved to cbb.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics

davidl2
  • 2005/8/16 15:25

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I would guess this would be looked after the other XOOPS sites have been recovered from the hack.. which is probably still ongoing

I expect the site will be moving to 2.2.x soon.. but other changes and improvements that have been asked for will probably be dealt with at the same time.

DonXoop

ok, and we know how much work it is to set all those forum rights. Making that task much easier would be high on my list of todos. But that is another topic..

Back to my task of hosting a module on a remote server. Any ideas on doing this? So far the easy way is to iframe the content. But I would like to pull the content with a unique theme (not affecting users going directly to the remote site). This theme would be stripped down so that my iframe appears clean. In particular I would want to strip out the header and footer and possibly left or right columns.

Any ideas on calling a specific theme (anon user) on the fly? Long ago I made a hack that called a specific theme based on the URL coming in. A little cleaner would be a theme based on the referring URL.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits