abbey
Upgrading from 2.0.9.3 to 2.2
  • 2005/8/7 9:44

• abbey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/17

My site www.ghanamusic.com is currently running on 2.0.9.3. I want to upgrade to 2.2.

What are the steps to follow without losing the commercial site?

Secondly, the 2.0.9.3 version has the index file in the html folder but 2.2 has it in the root folder.

Will this be the case after a succesful upgrade?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------
Ghana Music.com - The most visited XOOPS site in Africa!
Visit GhanaMusic.com: The Largest electronic news source of information on the Ghanaian music industry.

jdseymour
Re: Upgrading from 2.0.9.3 to 2.2

To upgrade to the current version the path is as follows:

2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10

2.0.10 to 2.0.12a

2.o.12a to 2.0.13 (I personally would hold here until the next update to XOOPS version 2.2. There are currently some confirmed bugs being fixed.)

And finally 2.0.13 to 2.2 + the 2.2 hotfix

If you do decide to upgrade to 2.2 I have a (rather large) tutorial Here.

SGBlue
  • 2005/8/7 10:51

• SGBlue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 1

Hi abbey,

I guest you are not familiar with XOOPS 2.2; Currently, the best way is stay with XOOPS 2.13, It is stable, fast, eass to use and compatible with all Modules. XOOPS 2.2 will have their own modules to work well. I hope we will have XOOPS 2.2 modules soon...

SGBlue

jdseymour

Actually any module that follows the XOOPS API will work with XOOPS 2.2. The problem is when they make there own calls to the database, bypassing the API that they do not work, as the tables in the database has changed.

abbey
  • 2005/8/7 11:15

• abbey

• Just popping in

thanks for the reply. you skipped my second issue which was as follows;

The 2.0.9.3 version has the index file in the html folder but 2.2 has it in the root folder.

Will this be the case after a successful upgrade?

Thanks.
Visit GhanaMusic.com: The Largest electronic news source of information on the Ghanaian music industry.

abbey
  • 2005/8/7 11:16

• abbey

• Just popping in

thanks for the reply. you skipped my second issue which was as follows;

The 2.0.9.3 version has the index file in the html folder but 2.2 has it in the root folder.

Will this be the case after a successful upgrade?

Thanks.

jdseymour

I do not understand this. index.php? It should always be in the root folder unless XOOPS is installed on a sub domain.

abbey
  • 2005/8/7 11:20

• abbey

• Just popping in

I meant the version am running now has ghanamusic.com/html as the home page. This is because during installation you are adviced to install in the html folder.

Now my question is will i get rid of the html folder after the upgrade?

Thanks

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/7 11:43

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The install or upgrade script doesn't get rid of any directories.

The distribution file (.zip or .tar.gz) for XOOPS 2.2 contains an "html" directory, which contains the files that you place on your web server. You don't need to have a directory named "html" on your web server. You can place the files in any directory you like, as long as that directory is within the web document tree (accessible from a web browser).

carnuke
  • 2005/8/7 14:37

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

One crucial requirement that I would strongly recommend is that you create a duplicate backup site first. This is detailed in the faq section, if not contact me. This backup will provide a test-bed for your upgrade procedure.

Do the upgrade on this backup first, test all the modules and system operations and only then when you are staisfied that you have navigated any problems, proceed to replicate the process on your production site.

It still beats me why users do upgrades on production sites without a trial run on a backup first.

You want peace of mind? use a backup for all new modules, upgrades themes and experiments.

I personaly have three backups that take all the load of experimentation.

Doesn't that make sense!

Richard
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits