Corlann
Modules not showing to be installed
  • 2005/8/6 20:53

• Corlann

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

I uploaded quite a few modules to be able to test them out, but not all of them are visible to be installed.

I did a clean install through CPanel of 2.0.13, then upgraded manually to 2.2, and have applied the recent security patch.

Modules admin is appearing on a page of it's own, no frame, no top bar, and not listing all my mods.

jdseymour
Re: Modules not showing to be installed

What mods are not showing? And what modules are?

Corlann
  • 2005/8/6 21:21

• Corlann

• Just popping in

Everything I have installed is showing up fine at the top, except Multi-Menu does not have the box to assign a weight to it.

Below there, where I should see ones not installed yet, I see only Partners, Memberlist and Poll, which were there to begin with and I did chose not to install.

Missing at this point:
bmsurvey
formulize
iMenu
newbb2 (I added it to modules folder seperately from newbb)
snx_weather

Those 5 mods exist in modules foder, but do not show up in list to be installed.

jdseymour

Well there are several things that can cause this problem. The first is that the extra directory created when unzipping the archive is uploaded to the server. Too many folders and XOOPS cannot read it. See the Module Unzip Flash Tutorial to see how to identify the proper files and folders to upload.

The next thing has to do with the file xoops_version.php. Some of these modules look pretty old (maybe) and may not be currently supported by a module developer. Someone else will have to answer this but I believe it involves the entry for the module icon not being correctly registered.

Another problem that can happen is with your FTP program, if the PHP and image files are not uploaded in binary format they will be corrupt and unusable on the server. Check the settings on your FTP program to ensure uploading in binary mode.

Also just for reference newbb 2 is an upgrade for newbb 1 and cannot be installed separately.

HTH.

Corlann
  • 2005/8/6 22:16

• Corlann

• Just popping in

Double checked the folders, first thing, but they are correct.

bmSurvey is their latest release, and I think iMenu is fairly recent, can't recall on the others.

I would expect they would at least show up... even ones in screwed up folders used to make a blank icon with an error message... I've seen it more than once, that's why I thought to check the folders this time around...

Ah well, it's a development site, not one for public use, I'll either figure it out, or a new release will come along....

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits