Cyberock
Smartsection mod cloning? Is possible?
  • 2005/8/4 3:48

• Cyberock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/18

Has anyone had any luck cloning the smartsection module? Natcherly it has nearly every thing I need, cept I need duplicate functionality for the "spotlight an article" function, to be able to spotlight an item in each category instead of just one for the whole module.

So far I have cloned twice and gotten a XOOPS error ... "Xoops Handler doesn't exist" and etc. Plus a bunch of "can't redeclare function so & so ..." errors. It looks almost impossible to clone this one. That is, with completely seperate categories and data and etc.

That would have been easier than re-coding the spotlight function into every category ... or so I thought

Anyone clone this puppy yet and want to share the secrets? Appreciate any hints. Thanks!

soconfused
Re: Smartsection mod cloning? Is possible?
  • 2005/8/17 19:13

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Hi,
I want to do the same thing, the other day I read about a kind of cloned smartsection somewhere (specially made so that you could install it twice). But I'll be damned if I can find it now typical. I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll post back.

soconfused
Re: Smartsection mod cloning? Is possible?
  • 2005/9/8 0:05

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Yes and it works nicely
Instructions from the SmartFactory:

/**
* $Id: clone.txt,v 1.2 2005/09/06 18:52:34 malanciault Exp $
* Module: SmartNews
* Author: The SmartFactory <www.smartfactory.ca>
* Licence: GNU
*/

Cloning SmartSection is possible with a little extra work . Here are the steps you need to carefully follow in order to acheive this. In this example, we will perform a cloning from SmartSection to an identical module called SmartNews.

- Rename the module directory from 'smartsection' to 'smartnews'

- With a tool that let you perform find and replace (case sensitively !) in all files of a directory (Advanced Find and Replace is a good example), perform the following changes in all the files of the module :
- SmartSection => SmartNews
- smartsection => smartnews
- SMARTSECTION => SMARTNEWS
- Smartsection => Smartnews
- SSECTION => SNEWS

- In smartnews/templates rename all files by changing the prefix from smartsection_ to smartnews_

- Install the module. You are ready to go !

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits