wonder
How to set a module out of the modules folder?
  • 2005/8/1 12:01

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/22

What I want to my site is to transfer the folder "mysite.com/modules/ipboard" to "mysite.com/forum/"

Is that possible?

davidl2
Re: How to set a module out of the modules folder?
  • 2005/8/1 12:04

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

One cheating way would be to set up a subdomain in your webhost panel - and get forum.websitename.com to point to www.websitename.com/modules/forum ....

wonder
  • 2005/8/1 12:28

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/22

Yeah... I have that, but when I go tohttp://forum.animekensei.com it appears in the adress barhttp://www.animekensei.com/modules/ipboard/

mboyden
  • 2005/8/1 16:12

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Based on what I know about the way XOOPS works and the way modules work and the coding of them (using XOOP_URL and the likes), I seriously doubt you can do this. However, if you just want to promote a shortcut there, you can do that and redirect to the longer URL. Is there a reason that you want it to have a shorter URL?

Alternatively, ipboard is available as a standalone and you could run it outside of XOOPS in a forums directory. But, if you're using XOOPS for other stuff, you'll have to be okay with the directory structure that XOOPS brings to the board.

If you're replace an old forum at /forums with a new one using XOOPS, then trap the old URL and forward it to the new one.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

kaotik
  • 2005/8/1 16:34

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

what you can do is use a blank module, create an iframe that loads the exterior content, then place a xoops_version file into that directory (so that XOOPS recognizes it as an integral part of the current instaltion).
That's what works for me.
www.kaotik.biz

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits