annie
CBB colours
  • 2005/7/29 18:33

• annie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

Hiya

Does anyone know how I set the colours of CBB to match the rest of my theme?

I've looked at the CSS files and can't find it

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

mboyden
Re: CBB colours
  • 2005/7/30 2:19

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

A module developed to XOOPS standards uses a template and can also included a stylesheet to be used along with it. CBB, like NewBB, uses templates that reference a stylesheet. There are additional stylesheets for the menu as well. All of these are in the /newbb/templates directory.

Likewise, templates for any module are kept in the /<modulename>/templates directory because of the way XOOPS is programmed, while CSS can be anywhere because it's included differently. Usually, the CSS files are in the templates directory, but I've seen them in the includes directory, too.

Alternatively, you can just edit the templates and reference class definitions from your main theme(s). I often do that and if you allow multiple themes to be chosen by your users, then the modules change as well.

Hope that helps.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

annie
  • 2005/7/30 2:33

• annie

• Just popping in

Thanks ... I have searched every single file and I just cannot find it ... sigh !

Rhomal
  • 2005/7/30 2:36

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

How do you get CBB to look visually like NewBB2? I'd be happy to use CBB but visually IMO its a step backwards and the colors/design are horrid.

Any help appreciated.

annie
  • 2005/7/30 11:16

• annie

• Just popping in

I finally found it ....

Its in the main site css

If anyone need it ....

themes/default/css/styles.css at line 129

tr.head td is the style you need to change to alter the background colour of the CBB forums

mboyden
  • 2005/7/30 17:20

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

If it's colors or layout description, then you can make changes in the appropriate stylesheet. If you feel that you need to re-organize the information on the screen, then you need to hit the appropriate template(s).

Basically, you'd need to change the template for CBB to be like the template for NewBB. The same developers developed both, so they should be similar generally. You may have to understand the styles, and see if the styles are being pulled from the template's/module's css, the theme's css, or the XOOPS root css. I usually put them in the theme or the module css and override the root.

I've been working to modify one myself, changing out graphics and the likes. It's really not too hard. Remember to keep track of the file changes you make for upgrading your site in the future.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

acegamer
  • 2005/12/21 17:53

• acegamer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/11

How do you change this stuff Resized Image
The background of the text is a differend colour

And second how do you intall that the mods: start from the left and not from the right?

Thx

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 123

Bleekk,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!