JMorris
Edit Template calls wrong template set
  • 2005/7/29 4:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

After doing an upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.2 on one of my sites, I noticed that when you attempt to edit the template of a block, the wrong template set is called/requested/pulled up.

I have a custom template set configured on the site, when I attempted to edit the stats_hitcounter.html (xoops_statistics module), I was redirected to the default template set, not my custom template set.

In 2.0.13, if a custom template set was defined and set as active, an attempt to edit a template from the blocks manager would redirect to the appropriate block template of the custom template set.

I have no clue where to look for a solution on this one, sorry.

Best Regards,

JMorris
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

JMorris
Re: Edit Template calls wrong template set
  • 2005/7/29 11:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Can anyone else verify this finding? Or am I having another PEBKAC error?
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

DonXoop

I can't say for sure but you might be on to something strange. When I look at a template via a block edit I see the correct template however my site was showing the default template for that block on the site. Another block from the same module is using the correct template (the same one character mod on each template)

This happened all of a sudden when I was rearranging blocks and themes. I then got what seemed like random results and settings. Running the General Preferences screen to clear the cache the problem persisted. After manually clearing the cache and templates_c things got much better. I then had missing blocks but could get them back with the new Add block function.

Are you still seeing the default template in an edit or also seeing the default template when it is used on the site? Clear the templates_c and see if it gets better.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

JMorris
  • 2005/7/29 19:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:
I then got what seemed like random results and settings.

Pretty much the same here except clearing the cache and templates_c folder did not help in my situation. Also, the site info block shows up in both template sets, but is not available in the blocks admin, nor is it viewable on my site. Also, after clearing cache and templates_c, when I tried to customize a custom block's template, I was taken to the system_dummy.html template, but I was in the correct template set this time.

I've tinkered around with several system, module, and custom blocks and I get different results each time. I've cleared templates_c and cache before trying edit the block template.

I don't get it??? It's completely random.

Best Regards,

JMorris

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits