ravenslade
Entering the administration section
  • 2005/7/24 13:16

• ravenslade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

I have just loaded and setup XOOPS 2.0.13 without any problems whatsoever, once i login i am taken back to the index page and the menu is on the left also showing Administration Menu.

After i have clicked on the Administration Menu i get the message 'This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed'. I click on the submit button and i get a loop back to the same thing, but for a few seconds in the top left corner i get 'Failed open file' showing. I have been through the forums and have spent 3 days trying to find a solution but nothing. I have added my site to trusted zones, on the firewall, and added it to NIS as set out in your articles but still nothing.

Just to confuse matters i removed everything and installed the Alpha/Beta 2.2 XOOPS and it worked and i could enter the administration section and toggle features but with a few little errors, but at least i could get into the admin section.

I know this has been discussed many times in my search through xoops.org and i have done everytihng i can think of and i have read.

Anyone any ideas?

Mithrandir
Re: Entering the administration section

cache folder writeable by the server?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

ravenslade
Re: Entering the administration section
  • 2005/7/24 17:21

• ravenslade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

Yes, the cache folder was set to writable before setup. I have just noticed though that it is not appearing in the system folder through my FTP Client now.

Login

Who's Online

506 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 506

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits