JMorris
Sourceforge image causing slow page load...
  • 2005/7/22 14:12

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

The Sourceforge link in the right column of this site is slowing page load to a crawl. It's taking up to 30 seconds or more for the XOOPS.org pages to load.

Fortunately, with Firefox, I can block loading images from Sourceforge. That made a day and night difference. Page loads are instantaneous when the image is blocked.

Core Team,

Are you permitted to cache the image locally? If not, is there a possibility of contacting the Sourceforge Admins and letting them know about the issue?

Note:
I'm on a 1.5+ Mbps DSL connection that is very reliable.

Thanks,

JMorris
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Mithrandir
Re: Sourceforge image causing slow page load...

Quote:
Are you permitted to cache the image locally?

Of course - but we'll lose our place as the project with the 10th most visitors on our site.

The sourceforge logo counts page impressions for our SF.net statistics.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

JMorris
Re: Sourceforge image causing slow page load...
  • 2005/7/22 14:34

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Of course - but we'll lose our place as the project with the 10th most visitors on our site.

The sourceforge logo counts page impressions for our SF.net statistics.

Bummer! Well, just thought I'd mention it. Hopefully other visitors will pay attention to their browser status bar when visiting and realize that it's Sourceforge, not XOOPS that's slow.

Thanks for the clarification.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

491 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 491

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits